:soapbox:
Personally, I thought it was interesting how the Libs got their panties in a bunch when a few rogue troops at Abu Ghraib dressed up Iraqi detainees in Fruit of the Loom hats. And why do liberals care so much when a couple of Muslim facist slugs get a little water up their nose while on vacation at Gitmo? It did, after all, thwart another attack on US soil. I wonder what would have happened if we caved in to this kind of liberal drivel during WWII? The lucky ones would be speaking German. The not so lucky might be lampshades. I understand the whole “winning hearts and minds” thing. Me, I’d rather shoot first and ask questions later. We can invite them for dinner once they’re house broken. It’s safer that way.
I blame the media for creating and nurturing the worst in our culture. Where is the outrage when Muslim “Honor Killings” are committed right here in the U S of A? The lame stream media salivates when a Christian evangelical gets caught with his pants down, but barely blinks when a Muslim father kills his teenage daughters in the name of religious “honor”. Now I’m no racist, and I couldn’t care less what brand of religion my next-door neighbor clings to. But it bothers me when the mere mention of Islamic extremism gets you labeled a closed minded, xenophobic, right-wing nut job. And I don’t mean to insult Islam. I don’t need to. Because every time some poor Muslim kid straps on a suicide belt in the name of Allah, the silence that emanates from the Islamic world is insult enough.
I think it’s important to have compassion for people of different religious or political persuasions. But I think it’s equally important to protect that which generations before us died to preserve (my family included). Obama is a product of the Chicago political machine. I didn’t vote for him. But I’m going to wait for him to skin his knees a bit before I write him off as a dyed in the wool pawn of the liberal establishment. Sometimes people change when they reach the top of the heap. I guess you could say I’m going to “keep hope alive”.

Booger, it's my perception that, with the exception of Craig from Idaho, if republicans get caught doing wrong or with their hands in the cookie jar, they resign, generally they admit they screwed up but they leave office. Not so with the democrats, by and large, they will fight tooth and nail to stay in office and usually will not admit they made a mistake or if they do...they are not going to go out the door.

This is kind of a generalization but it's what I've noticed from the 90's and up till now.
Dennis

24 dtg Dubai
25 dtg Home

99% of politicians are thieving lying scum bags the other 1% are to stupid to be a good politician. From Winston Churchill in the Great war to Old Bush(read my lips I will not raise taxes) to Clinton (I did not have sex with that woman)
The interesting part is every punter moans about public officials yet no one has the balls to run for any public office.:eek::p:eek:

It takes mucho $$$$ to run for public office and I'm spending what little I have on the Rocket....but I did nominate Flip for President:rolleyes:

Booger, it's my perception that, with the exception of Craig from Idaho, if republicans get caught doing wrong or with their hands in the cookie jar, they resign, generally they admit they screwed up but they leave office. Not so with the democrats, by and large, they will fight tooth and nail to stay in office and usually will not admit they made a mistake or if they do...they are not going to go out the door.

This is kind of a generalization but it's what I've noticed from the 90's and up till now.
Dennis

24 dtg Dubai
25 dtg Home

Daschel (sp?) Just withdrew . . . so much for the fight :rolleyes:

Back