Oh The Horror Then The Joy

RockOn

Turbocharged
Ride
2006 R3 Classic, 2008 R3T, 2009 Harley Ultra
After adjusting my headlights upwards and my windshield to it's max height I was about to roll the ballistic missile back into the silo when I saw two wet trails going down the front left side of the engine. WTF? I had only idled the engine briefly a couple times within an hour's time frame while adjusting the lights and shield. Then I saw a tiny green puddle at the end of the two narrow streams still clinging to the lower outer ledge of the engine cases.....suspended and not yet airborne. The small lower coolant hose clamp was tight as it could be and then hoping the upper larger hose clamp was the answer I was very pleased to find it loose as a goose or nearly so.

Sometimes luck is the lady and it was today. It could have happened during a long ride and later discovering my pant leg and bike sprayed with coolant or worse.......out of coolant. So, a small ray of sunshine perhaps but I am very stoked I discovered an easily fixed problem before it became a big problem. As they say.....timing is everything, or nearly so.

Hoping everyone has Happy Holidays! :D:D:D

Funny story...wifey and I did a bit of a long ride yesterday to meet family for lunch. Stopped for a break and when I returned to the bike, there was a small puddle of water directly below the radiator. Was clear but still gave me a niggle until the next stop where there was nothing. Must has stopped directly over a small puddle left by a cars aircon system.

Stopped at my cobbers a while back and went inside for a beer...came out about an hour later to go home and there is liquid under my bike...WTF?
"What's that under your bike?" he asked..."Fuc^ed if i know" i said???...searched all over and then caught him grinning away...bastard had tipped some oily shyte under the bike to get me going!!!..:evil::banghead:

After adjusting my headlights upwards and my windshield to it's max height I was about to roll the ballistic missile back into the silo when I saw two wet trails going down the front left side of the engine. WTF? I had only idled the engine briefly a couple times within an hour's time frame while adjusting the lights and shield. Then I saw a tiny green puddle at the end of the two narrow streams still clinging to the lower outer ledge of the engine cases.....suspended and not yet airborne. The small lower coolant hose clamp was tight as it could be and then hoping the upper larger hose clamp was the answer I was very pleased to find it loose as a goose or nearly so.

Sometimes luck is the lady and it was today. It could have happened during a long ride and later discovering my pant leg and bike sprayed with coolant or worse.......out of coolant. So, a small ray of sunshine perhaps but I am very stoked I discovered an easily fixed problem before it became a big problem. As they say.....timing is everything, or nearly so.

Hoping everyone has Happy Holidays! :D:D:D

Finds like that are the only reasonable argument for regular cleaning of one's machine

Back