OBD II cableconnection failure

fastfun

Supercharged
Ride
triumph roadster supercharged, 2010
Hello everyone, I get an issue connecting to TuneEcu with the blue OBD cable. On my laptop I open TuneEcu file but the flickering small bar at the bottom of the TuneEcu screen does not turn to green but after red flickering it stays on orange for a few moments and then checking out completely. Many times the contactswitch off and on does not help. Restarting the laptop and the TuneEcufile doesn't help either. Who is familiar with this issue? Btw. in the past it took also some time getting connection to the TuneEcufile but now , no way anymore.

U HAVE TO HAVE THE BIKE IN THE RUN POSITION SORry caps then make the tune ecu connect
u should get more help

I always forget the order at first, but when it doesn't work I leave it connected to the bike, ignition on (not running) and then restart TuneECU. That seems to work every time.

U HAVE TO HAVE THE BIKE IN THE RUN POSITION SORry caps then make the tune ecu connect
u should get more help
Man you need to come to my house and put this Penner tune in for me. You seem to have a good handle on these things. Me? I’m an electrical idiot.:(

Where did you get the cable and what version if TuneECU is it
For about 8 years ago I got the cable from the stock partslist of Triumph Hinckley UK and the TuneEcuversion is 2.5.8. For some years making the connection was already not very fast every time but I still got connection after some trying.

Last edited:
2.5.8 does give random connectivity issues alright, that's why so many folk look for 2.5.5 on here

So your cable is a Triumph cable..?

2.5.8 does give random connectivity issues alright, that's why so many folk look for 2.5.5 on here

So your cable is a Triumph cable..?
Yes, it's a Triumph one. On which thread can I look for the 2.5.5version for the roadster ? Hm, I just realise I need one which is suitable for a supercharged roadster.

Last edited:
Back