No More Lemon Pledge For Me

Must be one of them Tourings then, R3s and R3Rs have bolt on sidecovers!

Don't blame Pledge! Heaps of Touring owners have had same happen due to dodgy fitting. Some have safety cables attached now eh Paul @Joesmoe ?

I have mine zip tied in place. Enough slack to remove them and lay on the passenger footboard. I always carry some extra zip ties in case I need to remove the side panel.

bob

Must be one of them Tourings then, R3s and R3Rs have bolt on sidecovers!

Don't blame Pledge! Heaps of Touring owners have had same happen due to dodgy fitting. Some have safety cables attached now eh Paul @Joesmoe ?

I had the issue of the grommets falling out the first week I owned my girl; which of course cause the cover to want to fall off. I used black silicon to lock the grommets in place.
-MIG

I took 'The Pledge' again today;):cool::whitstling::whitstling: Been a year since last proper wash and partly new Red Stripe tins fitted. Used nearly a can and did even the wheels, but no not the tyres or brake discs.

I stumbled upon a quick wax cleaner recently found in the trunk of a used car I bought "Wet Paint". I have tried many products over the past 50 years and am amazed with how the stuff works. The car that I referred to hadn't run in a long time and was covered in about an inch of dirt. When washed the original paint of 24 years shines like new. Wet Paint is bait hard to find but well worth the hunt and price.

You know....that Lemon Pledge has been around since Adam was a biker!...We used to use it in the early 70's on our header pipes to try and get rid of the yellow ...dare not put fingers on those pipes tho as the finger prints stayed there and not even lemon pledge would move the marks!

I stumbled upon a quick wax cleaner recently found in the trunk of a used car I bought "Wet Paint". I have tried many products over the past 50 years and am amazed with how the stuff works. The car that I referred to hadn't run in a long time and was covered in about an inch of dirt. When washed the original paint of 24 years shines like new. Wet Paint is bait hard to find but well worth the hunt and price.

Wet Paint Automotive Polishing Glaze: cleans, polishes and protects vehicle surfaces.

Back