thirdrock

.020 Over
Psydone jumped up and down and said post something ,so briefly for those who may be interested here is what I have done so far (sorry no pics ,don`t have the means).
Firstly thanks to Lofty for his inspiration to do this . My setup is a bit different,partly due to financial constraints and partly due to wanting a moderate/safe improvement .
I have two 10 oz (2 x 5 sec 8shots) mounted upside down between the oil tank and left sidecover.
These are siamesed to a dry shot injector that sprays into the airfilter box.
Jets that can be selected are 20 hp 30 hp and 40 hp.
I am in the process of finding a switch for the throttle housing to arm the system.
Once armed,the nitrous is activated via the throttle ,using an msd smartswitch ,which is fully adjustable and can bring the nitrous on at whatever throttle opening you choose.I`d say 50 % and above to avoid detonation etc.
Also,when the arm switch is turned on (when this product is available -should be soon) the powercommander will switch from the already setup "non nitrous curve"to one suitable for the nitrous and the extra fuel that will be required.Thisof course will need to be set on the dyno and stored. As posted earlier this is a Dynajet multifuntion hub,which will aloo more than one cureve to be stored. I do not think at that power increase I will need another ignition programme,but this can also be introduced.
I have mounted an electrically driven autometer pressure guage below and between the original guages and it sits there really nicely (looks like an o/e fit ! ) So there we have it . I was going to post this after it was finished when results etc could be given,but psydone says I never contiribute :roll: anyway...

sounds awesome, if you need help putting pics up on the web then let me know, obviously if your lacking a digital camera it makes it pretty hard.

Impressed all the same.

Psydone said:
sounds awesome, if you need help putting pics up on the web then let me know, obviously if your lacking a digital camera it makes it pretty hard.

Impressed all the same.
Thanks psydone,I really appreciate that.Next time my daughter is around I`ll get her to take some photos.

good on you bob :D ,much as I really like the rocket ,I am quite frankly bike crazy and admire someone who buys/rides whatever he likes and is proud to do so. :D

Your nitrous setup sounds mighty impressive but seems like it will be a nightmare to get working correctly. You must have a ton of garage time on hand. It will be interesting to see the results though.

I'm more a fan of blower systems - constant power and useable at most times. Nitrous bottles do have "oh ah" factor, but are really only good for straightline drags.

How much is this setup going to cost? As complex as it is, it's probably still half as much as a turbo or supercharger.

...yep I like blower systems also , actually bought a kawasaki z1rtc when they first came out in `79 .Kept it for many years,great fun.This is going to cost a lot less a LOT less than a turbo or supercharger .Probably around $1400 nz ,bearing in mind I`ve added a lot more to it,but been lucky enough to score some good deals.The actual base kit is put out by MPS in the states ,but I got the bottles (really nice chrome ones ) which are obx racing from a co. clearing out stuff. As far as garage time ,I am lucky enough to work from home .I have an automotive workshop with all the gear :D and when I finish customers vehicles I play with my bike :D

Nozzle Location.

He guy's, I'm new here and just want to know where is the optimal location for the Nitrous Nozzle in the airfilter box? Does it even matter where I install it? I'm setting up a NX dry kit with a 1lb chrome bottle mounted in the same location as your twins. Wish I had bought the 10oz chrome so I'd only have to buy one more. Gonna copy your setup!
(imitation is the greatest form of flattery right?) Anyone looking for a 1lb bottle??? I'll let it go real cheap!!!

hi there,sorry it took a while to give an answer,not on here that often (really busy) I can only say that the word I got was to put the nozzle in the filter box (pre filter) I have run mine through to top grille(on the filterbox),this may well not be the optimum,as I have not really had time to try other options.Best of luck huh :)

Back