Ah, yes!
I can read your text now. Makes everything clear. Thanks mate.
If you got any questions bud, just ask, I just went for it really🤦🏻‍♂️! I hated the sound of it, sounded like a bloody moped before, I must say it’s not as loud as I thought it was going to be, it seems at it’s loudest on tick over to be honest, I have also ordered some short stainless steel baffles off of eBay if it all gets a bit much!!

To be honest, i'm not hugely fussed about improving the sound of it, although a beefier sound would be nice, providing i'm not hounded by the rozzers for an anti-social noise.
I'm more interested in taking weight out of the bike and improve it's breathing.
How much weight have you managed to cut out of it?

To be honest, i'm not hugely fussed about improving the sound of it, although a beefier sound would be nice, providing i'm not hounded by the rozzers for an anti-social noise.
I'm more interested in taking weight out of the bike and improve it's breathing.
How much weight have you managed to cut out of it?
I haven’t weighed it as yet, but it’s got to bin off at least half the weight I would say, I only finished off yesterday 😂

Ah, yes!
I can read your text now. Makes everything clear. Thanks mate.
Yep, it is bloody tricky replying to a post sometimes if your cursor placement betrays you. I know it has trapped me many times in the 'Quote' too.
Just wait till you try and double quote reply simultaneously;) :roll::roll::roll:

Yes please. I'm contemplating the same modification myself.

I have sent you what I done, hammer, pry bar , grinder, and a die grinder!

Alright here is what I did, drilled out the spot welds on the bottom of the exhaust, cut out the bottom of exhaust with a 5 “ grinder, used a pry bar and hammer to remove plate from brackets that the spot welds were attached too, then removed bottom of the exhaust box/ plate as pictured, then got my reciprocating saw with some metal cutting blades and cut the cat of at its neck, see pictures, then cut down though each side of the bracket that holds the cat and drove a pry bar down I between the cat and bracket to get the spot welds holding the cat in around the bottom, they will just snap off, then I done the same to the other bracket holding the cat, and it just pulls out, then I marked around the two exhaust tail pipes with a screwdriver, so I knew how much of a hole to cut out when I welded back the larger of the tail pipes, I then cut the spot welds with a grinder, holding the outer larger tail pipes, and then cut out around the inner smaller pipes, then, the two holes in the side of the exhaust which look like they are just dead end holes need grinding out, as these are the two supporting pipes/ brackets that hold the two inner smaller tail pipes in place, I used a die grinder ! , then once you have removed the welds around the top of these holes the two smaller exhaust pipes can be pulled out, then I cleaned up the holes, for the larger outer tail pipes. And welded back in place, I left the smaller single exit pipe as it was, as I didn’t see much point removing it as it seamed to have a clean enough exit for the exhaust gases, I then welded the bottom exhaust plate back on and cleaned up wit a flapper disc and painted, please look at the photos, I think it explains what I did , any way I can help please ask ? I have seen people drilling 3 x2” holes ect, but I found this to be possible a better solution, only my thoughts I will add !!! Thanks

You did too and very well indeed!

Back