Newbie on the site.

TBA02

Standard Bore
Hey all!

I'm new to this site all though I looked on when you all were first starting up a few years ago when the R3 was still being tested. I purchased one of the first Triumph Bonnevilles America's back in 02 in Tulsa, OK where I live. I have about 25,000 miles on the odometer my longest ride was to Dahlonega, Ga. for one of the BonnevilleAmerica.com rallys. I have been following the R3 , like I said before introduction, and have test ridden 2 before our dealer went under. Our nearest dealer now is Oklahoma City, about 100 miles, and he has recently added Suzuki's, so his selection on Triumphs is not all that great from what I've hear. There is rumored to be another dealership coming this Spring. I joined your site because I am so intriqued by the Rocket and would like to hear from owners. I realized on my long trip that my TBA is pretty light and not the best bike for long trips (especially in the rain on Interstates:(). I've been wanting to buy a tourer and think the R-3 would make a good one. Financially , I'm not quite ready but have seen some good deals on slightly used R3s. I hope you guys don't mind me hanging out with you all for a while.
Paul
:D
pills11.com ;))

Hey Paul I owned a Rocket until 7/1 I made it around a corner but the bike didn't. There are so many good ideas here you don't have to go anywhere else.Yes you can pick up a used one pretty reasonable but I'm waiting to see up close and personal the new tourer. I like the idea of a cheaper back tire.:eek: I went through 3 in about a year and that smarts.

Welcome

I traded in an 02 America on my R3, loved the America just couldn't afford to keep the both of them. If you shop around you can find some good deals, not sure where you live but if your in O.K. I saw just today at R.P.M in Dallas and Lone Star in Austin R3's around 11k'ish. Good luck.

Welcome Paul,

About anything you need to know about a Rocket in on this site, good, bad, or indifferent.
Join in often and again welcome.

Hi and welcome TBA02

R3 is not a bad tourer. Don't buy the new tourer, down on power and all dressed up.

Go for a second hand basic R3 and customise it to your needs. Get someone else to pay for the depreciation I say.

I paid £4K under (basic) list for a bike with £3k worth of extras on it.

If you don't like some of the extras, sell them to pay for the ones you do.

I sold a couple of Beetle Bags and replaced the rear shocks and had a few bob left for TuneBoy etc.:)

Hi Paul and welcome to the site. The good, the bad and the ugly of the Rocket can be found here. It is one of the best all around bikes. There are always plenty of used ones around in good condition that can be had for aroun $10-12K.

Paul if that pills.com and smiley automatically attached themselves to your post and your emails you might have a trojan virus. Run ad aware and it should catch it.

Hi Paul and welcome to the site. The good, the bad and the ugly of the Rocket can be found here. It is one of the best all around bikes. There are always plenty of used ones around in good condition that can be had for aroun $10-12K.

Paul if that pills.com and smiley automatically attached themselves to your post and your emails you might have a trojan virus. Run ad aware and it should catch it.

Spybot Search and Destroy will do the job too. Actually, Spybot is the recommended Microsoft vacuum cleaner and like Ad aware, it's a free download on CNet www.download.com Ad aware and Spybot are both there.

Thanks for the welcome everyone! I ran some anti-spyware, I hope I've gotten rid of the virus.

Back