welcome aboard....Couple of things to check...have you adjusted the settings on the suspension at all?...check tire pressures....go right around the whole bike and check for loose bolts, screws etc. If the preload hasnt been adjusted from factory settings it will be harsh on bumps as it is set on the very bottom setting allowing the new owner to adjust according to his weight....For it to get vibrations something aint right but maybe not too much.

welcome aboard....Couple of things to check...have you adjusted the settings on the suspension at all?...check tire pressures....go right around the whole bike and check for loose bolts, screws etc. If the preload hasnt been adjusted from factory settings it will be harsh on bumps as it is set on the very bottom setting allowing the new owner to adjust according to his weight....For it to get vibrations something aint right but maybe not too much.
Everything you suggested would never cause this level of vibration. I had to buy special gel filled gloves, and gel filled boot insoles to keep my extremities from going numb after only a few kilometres. At high speeds it feels like nuts n bolts are going to start undoing themselves, and parts will start falling off. This bike not only vibrates at a ridiculous level, but it is literally incapable of safely preforming to the engineering standards it was advertised. My insurance is over for this season, and I’ve put ye ole disappointing one to bed for the winter. I suppose I’ll have to start getting “ unreasonably dissatisfied “ with my dealership come spring. The rear brake has also gone from being very impressive, to very spongy in a very short period of time. I’ve not adjusted the suspension. And you’re right. It sucks at this setting. Other than the almost unrideable vibration, I love everything else about the bike. Extremely disappointed. I’ve been riding a 2005 Vulcan 2000 that has a bad vibration for 16 years. All I wanted was a nice, unique, SMOOTH, ride. Seems as though if there’s a lemon on the store shelf, I’ll pick it. Thanks for the advice though. Appreciate anyone who could offer some suggestions. Personally I’m certain this is and internal issue. Probably the crank vibration dampening. Or lack there of.

Welcome from Northern Ontario.
In August I collected 2022 triple black GT and had no vibration problem so far.
I think you need take it back to the dealer.
😞
Gooduck.

The brake needs to be bled I'm sure as I just had mine done twice in the last 10 months. It's perfect now (just done the second time 2 days ago) but tomorrow I'm going out to test it on the back roads. I don't normally use much rear brake although I will test the hell out of it to see if it gets 'limp' again. Like Tal stated, dial in your suspension, check air as the recommended 42/42 is way to stiff and harsh for me and that may help a touch with the vibration. If your hands and feet are going numb you should take the Rocket in to the dealer ASAP because it's unsafe. I don't understand why you haven't taken it in to the dealer already. Why wait for spring. I'm a tad OCD so that wait would kill me. It is a blast to ride when every thing is copacetic. Good luck.:thumbsup:

Everything you suggested would never cause this level of vibration. I had to buy special gel filled gloves, and gel filled boot insoles to keep my extremities from going numb after only a few kilometres. At high speeds it feels like nuts n bolts are going to start undoing themselves, and parts will start falling off. This bike not only vibrates at a ridiculous level, but it is literally incapable of safely preforming to the engineering standards it was advertised. My insurance is over for this season, and I’ve put ye ole disappointing one to bed for the winter. I suppose I’ll have to start getting “ unreasonably dissatisfied “ with my dealership come spring. The rear brake has also gone from being very impressive, to very spongy in a very short period of time. I’ve not adjusted the suspension. And you’re right. It sucks at this setting. Other than the almost unrideable vibration, I love everything else about the bike. Extremely disappointed. I’ve been riding a 2005 Vulcan 2000 that has a bad vibration for 16 years. All I wanted was a nice, unique, SMOOTH, ride. Seems as though if there’s a lemon on the store shelf, I’ll pick it. Thanks for the advice though. Appreciate anyone who could offer some suggestions. Personally I’m certain this is and internal issue. Probably the crank vibration dampening. Or lack there of.
We are all willing to try and help if someone has a problem...im sure the problem will be found and fixed...they are a beautiful bike to ride when all is well...dont give up on it...be safe...cheers Tal

while in neutral
bring the throttle up slowly and find the range it is vibrating noting the rpm then show the dealer what it does at that rpm.
if it is smooth thru the range then it is something else.
if u pull in clutch while vibrating does it quit?

The brake needs to be bled I'm sure as I just had mine done twice in the last 10 months. It's perfect now (just done the second time 2 days ago) but tomorrow I'm going out to test it on the back roads. I don't normally use much rear brake although I will test the hell out of it to see if it gets 'limp' again. Like Tal stated, dial in your suspension, check air as the recommended 42/42 is way to stiff and harsh for me and that may help a touch with the vibration. If your hands and feet are going numb you should take the Rocket in to the dealer ASAP because it's unsafe. I don't understand why you haven't taken it in to the dealer already. Why wait for spring. I'm a tad OCD so that wait would kill me. It is a blast to ride when every thing is copacetic. Good luck.:thumbsup:
I did take it in two months ago. They gave me some song n dance about another guy coming in with similar problem, but they “ couldn’t find the cause”. Also told me their mechanic couldn’t test it up to the speeds I was describing because of speed limits, and liability issues. 😏 there’s their grift right there. First thing I did was check tire pressure. Weights were there as well. I am going to demand a test ride on a different bike come spring. God help them if it’s butter.

I see your dilemma. You may have to tell them it does it at 65 mph and demand they check it as it's a safety issue. Usually when the word safety is stated out loud they start to take you seriously. I know this sounds 'out there' but some dealers are Dicks. I would bring a friend with you and have him video the conversation. I guarantee you they will in fact take your bike. If asked just tell them you are videoing it for your records and in case you have to go over the dealers head to Triumph. Dealers hate bad press. That's why triumph sends you 100 emails about your prior service at the dealer. (I actually received 5 since Saturday when I picked up my bike from the dealer). Just a thought. Cheers.
Good advice MM. I know dealerships, n how they work. They’re all giggles n handshakes when you’re signing the cheque. They never want to see you again after that. They especially don’t like vague, hard to find problems that takes up valuable shop time. So they keep handing you the “ that’s pretty normal “ line. Hey on a different note.....I just inspected my rims, and the back rim has no weights. Is it supposed to? I thought it had some....the front rim does. Anyone else’s Avon 240 rim have weights on it or not ?

Good advice MM. I know dealerships, n how they work. They’re all giggles n handshakes when you’re signing the cheque. They never want to see you again after that. They especially don’t like vague, hard to find problems that takes up valuable shop time. So they keep handing you the “ that’s pretty normal “ line. Hey on a different note.....I just inspected my rims, and the back rim has no weights. Is it supposed to? I thought it had some....the front rim does. Anyone else’s Avon 240 rim have weights on it or not ?
think so...maybe a simple balance thing huh?

Back