Big online presence for this bike, nice to see. Anybody upgrade the lighting to LED? Issues? love it or hate it? Just curious for now.

Thanks,

Lots of R3 owners upgraded lights to LED'S - some go with "real" JW Speakers or Trucklite - Me & many others have Chi-Com knockoffs for under $100 per pair - I love mine, been working fine for 2 years now, no issues - for that price if one craps out buy a new one

Picked up my Rocket III late last summer, ride home was 90 miles thru a tsunami with lightning strikes and hail - all on new pavement at rush hour. Got home safe, no hail damage, happy to be off the bike that day.

Looking forward to getting used to the new ride, been riding my 2003 BMW CLC R1200 since new and still own, this Rocket III is, how to say - a bit more muscular than the BMW. By about 80hp. Need to temper the throttle response compared to the other bike.

First issue - battery dead, seems to need 480 source to turn the motor, hoping for a new battery from the dealer this weekend. We will see.

Thanks for the site, will be viewing and sharing as time allows.

Russ K

Before buying battery maybe try checking battery connection both positive & ground. might save buying a battery. Also welcome to the group. you've probably noticed we always have something to slip in edgewise.

Welcome from Christchurch New Zealand.

Not sure that anyone rents out Rocket III.

I believe you can rent triumph dual purpose bikes here in nz

Welcome from Indiana. R3 is a beast for sure. Great people here and you will find the answer to your questions for sure.

Gee I said "for sure" twice?

WELCOME to ya, from WA State!
Enjoy the Rocket Rush!!! :thumbsup:

Hello Rkarlstad and welcome to the forum. Glad to see you've picked a Rocket and now frequent this site.... We're a great group of wanting individuals. Yah, we all want to ride. Glad to see you have the riding bug too. Ride safe on that beast. It isn't a BMW!

Back