Rkarlstad

Standard Bore
Ride
Rocket III
Picked up my Rocket III late last summer, ride home was 90 miles thru a tsunami with lightning strikes and hail - all on new pavement at rush hour. Got home safe, no hail damage, happy to be off the bike that day.

Looking forward to getting used to the new ride, been riding my 2003 BMW CLC R1200 since new and still own, this Rocket III is, how to say - a bit more muscular than the BMW. By about 80hp. Need to temper the throttle response compared to the other bike.

First issue - battery dead, seems to need 480 source to turn the motor, hoping for a new battery from the dealer this weekend. We will see.

Thanks for the site, will be viewing and sharing as time allows.

Russ K

Howdy Russ! let me be the first to say welcome:D From East Texas:D
The initial ride home should have been an omen to the powers that lurk within the beast!!!!!!!!

Lots of good R3 folk up your way too :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Howdy Russ! let me be the first to say welcome:D From East Texas:D
The initial ride home should have been an omen to the powers that lurk within the beast!!!!!!!!

Lots of good R3 folk up your way too :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Thanks for the note, were not all Kennedy's up here! Looking forward to having some real power at my disposal come riding season.

We moved to AZ back in 2006, got wiped out during the 2008 crash and ended up back here in MA. I miss AZ every day and can't wait to get back, good riding down your way.

2008 almost put me out of business the only thing that kept me going was my repeat customers.

Big online presence for this bike, nice to see. Anybody upgrade the lighting to LED? Issues? love it or hate it? Just curious for now.

Thanks,

Back