New to Triumph. 2020 GT

I am also looking to get one in the next few days, it would be good to get your perspective from a comfort stand point. I have quotes on both a GT and R, cannot make up my mind.

A slightly used Rocket 3 GT should be coming home this week. Looking forward to the advice of the gurus here!
AWESOME! You'll find it... and WELCOME! to the family from Tucson. Is this your first Triumph? Looking forward to the photos... ENJOY your new Perma-Grin :)

I am also looking to get one in the next few days, it would be good to get your perspective from a comfort stand point. I have quotes on both a GT and R, cannot make up my mind.
MFA,
The dealership had a GT for a demo. When I test road it, I had the following "issues"
1. Pegs too far forward, and I don't think moving them back that 1 inch would have made a big difference (I am 5'8"). Plus, I like to stand on the pegs when going over rough cattle guards, and "pavement optional" roads.
2. Too much wind pressure on my chest. Bought a CalSci wind screen to see if that helps.
3. Hands going numb. Probably from the grips being too small.. and me being too old. I use Kuryakyn Iso-grips on my current rides, and they are large. I bought some Grip Puppies to see if those help.

The bike I am getting (it will be here this week) is a GT, but it already has the controls moved to the mid position (like the R).. and bunch of other "goodies".

MFA,
The dealership had a GT for a demo. When I test road it, I had the following "issues"
1. Pegs too far forward, and I don't think moving them back that 1 inch would have made a big difference (I am 5'8"). Plus, I like to stand on the pegs when going over rough cattle guards, and "pavement optional" roads.
2. Too much wind pressure on my chest. Bought a CalSci wind screen to see if that helps.
3. Hands going numb. Probably from the grips being too small.. and me being too old. I use Kuryakyn Iso-grips on my current rides, and they are large. I bought some Grip Puppies to see if those help.

The bike I am getting (it will be here this week) is a GT, but it already has the controls moved to the mid position (like the R).. and bunch of other "goodies".
Congrats, you will NOT be disappointed in the bike, I'm sure of it!

1. moving the pegs will help [I'm 6' and have mine all the way forward, I like to cruise "fast or slow"], have the dealer do it before you take possession of it, or they'll charge you for it
  2. windshield was a must for me and it's a big change, many out there now to choose from
  3. I put these on my grips [fast, easy, cheap and big difference] - best $20.00 spent on the bike... Grip Puppies
Good luck - be safe, brother

Back