New to this forum

images.jpg

Hello from Houston, Texas. Can't wait to see some pictures of this resurrection.

i bought a totaled R3 for $400 bucks. I was going to use the engine in a streamlined im building but the bike only had cosmetic damage so I decided to resurrect it. So far I have a total of $700 in it now and things are coming together nicely.
Welcome from Essex Uk

Sounds like a bargain to me ...result

Thanks for great welcome from all over the world. I mounted the front tire on the rim I bought from ebay last night. I straighten the frond mud guard ( without damage to the paint ), headlight mount and left control bar then put them all back on the bike today.Took it for a test ride and everything is working fine except for a small leak in the radiator. I’ll pull that off tomorrow and take it to a radiator shop to have it tig welded. The leak is on the top left shroud bolt hole. Some of the mounting ears are a little bent so I’ll straighten those out when I get it off. I am heating and straightening the windshield brackets and I still have to fix a crack in the left saddlebag. When my friend bought the bike new it had custom Corbin bags on it. I really like this bike and should be done with it all except for painting the saddle bags by the end of next week.

Back