I had 3 VNs before I got my Rocket (2 very briefly - like you I was disappointed with how they went). I also actually went to test ride a T'Bird but someone else was riding it so I took a Rocket out to kill time. The rest, as they say, is history. Welcome aboard. You won't regret the change up.

Dallas area. I just might if I can't get a decent rate for shipping. It would be a nice road trip to get comfortable with the bike. My wife may just like to get rid of me for a few days so.
reason I ask my brother lives in dallas area I need to go see him next month hopefully

Welcome!! The machine looks great, and if you wanted more power you've surely found it. I love the thump of a big twin, but once you get used to the roar of these massive triples it's hard to imagine going back. I hope you fall in love with your big girl the way I did.

Welcome from sunny Somerset, hope you decided to ride the bike home I know you're going to love it the engine is addictive.

Thanks all for the welcome. Because of commitments here at home I decided to have it shipped and hope to put on some miles right away after it arrives. Anticipation is killing me as I am still waiting while looking at a picture on the refrigerator. Hopefully a long ride thru the central and northern part of California this summer will get me acquainted with the new ride.

BTY anyone with a shipper referral would be appreciated.

Welcome to the forum. I recently used Federal Motorcycle Transport to ship my R3T from Mass to Florida. The website also suggested that the bikes are handled by experienced bike riders. Not so. Personally I would not use them again. When I set up my delivery the previous owner had some boxed parts to send. Federal refused, citing that the bikes go alone on the trucks to avoid any damage from boxes falling over. Understandable. I then found out that my bike was transferred 3 times, the last truck was just a basic moving van with a lift gate. Inside the truck was other household furniture. I was not pleased. I gave the bike a quick look over and it all seemed ok. They pushed the bike into the garage and I left for work. The next day I was able to go over the bike thoroughly. I found a small dent in the front fender. It was hard to see at first but I felt it with my hand. It was signed clean at pick up. I contacted federal right away as you are supposed to have 90 days to file a claim. They responded a few weeks later that I was basically SOL since I signed a clear receipt, which I am now in the process of fighting. So, while I cannot recommend a good shipping company, I can tell you about my experience with Federal companies. They also go under STI and Fun Transport. I cannot recommended them.

Back