kneesinthewind

.020 Over
Ride
Rocket III Touring
I will be joining the ranks as soon as I get my new to me Rocket shipped. I had a 2008 Kawasaki Nomad 1600 and sold it last week thinking I would go with a smaller bike. Yeah right.... I was looking for a used Thunderbird 1700 and came across a 2011 Rocket III Touring black with white stripe and couldn't resist. It was a great price and but I have to get it shipped from Texas to my home in Los Angeles. I used this site for my research and found a good group with loads of info for the Rocketeer. Thanks to you all.
My gripe with my old bike was lack of power and handling. It was a comfortable cruiser but out here in LA cruising 2up on the freeways at 70mph I just felt like a sitting duck. I'm assuming I can get out of the way on my new RIII!!! I admit I am a little scared of the new big beast but I hope to practice a bit and try not to run into any walls before I get my wife of 28 years on the back. I also hope to become a productive member here and maybe even find some riding partners along the way. I'll update with pictures as soon as I get it. The avatar is from the ebay pic.
BTY anyone with a shipper referral would be appreciated.

welcome from Tucson Arizona. looks like a great machine.
kneesinthewind sounds like a good Indian name.

Welcome KITW, pretty sure you'll settle in soon enough and your confidence with the big girl will improve with time in the saddle :thumbsup:

Welcome from Germany (by way of Mississippi!). You'll find her to be plenty powerful, as lithe as you need on any road, and quite comfy! However, if you get caught in that LA traffic, she can be warm on the right leg ;) Good thing you can lane split in cali!

Hello Knees and welcome from Virginia. I'm not sure if one can split lanes on the R3T, but I do recommend flying to get the bike. Just alert your doctor in LA that you may need muscle relaxers once you arrive home to relax your face from the near permanent grin you will soon be afflicted with...

Back