Welcome to the forum. I recently used Federal Motorcycle Transport to ship my R3T from Mass to Florida. The website also suggested that the bikes are handled by experienced bike riders. Not so. Personally I would not use them again. When I set up my delivery the previous owner had some boxed parts to send. Federal refused, citing that the bikes go alone on the trucks to avoid any damage from boxes falling over. Understandable. I then found out that my bike was transferred 3 times, the last truck was just a basic moving van with a lift gate. Inside the truck was other household furniture. I was not pleased. I gave the bike a quick look over and it all seemed ok. They pushed the bike into the garage and I left for work. The next day I was able to go over the bike thoroughly. I found a small dent in the front fender. It was hard to see at first but I felt it with my hand. It was signed clean at pick up. I contacted federal right away as you are supposed to have 90 days to file a claim. They responded a few weeks later that I was basically SOL since I signed a clear receipt, which I am now in the process of fighting. So, while I cannot recommend a good shipping company, I can tell you about my experience with Federal companies. They also go under STI and Fun Transport. I cannot recommended them.
Welcome mate from one of the Aussies.

Welcome KITW from the Quite Aussie on the forum ,nice choice and colour combo, just happens to be the same colour year and model as mine ,just enjoy till you get used to the big Kahoona ,then a set of TORS (keep everything looking stock a K&N filter in the stock air box)
012.JPG
and a Remap and Who Hoo! instant Super Tourer,

Welcome KITW from the Quite Aussie on the forum ,nice choice and colour combo, just happens to be the same colour year and model as mine ,just enjoy till you get used to the big Kahoona ,then a set of TORS (keep everything looking stock a K&N filter in the stock air box)
012.JPG

My 2008 is the same color with the Tors, K&N and the 20235 tune.

WoweeWowWow. I just got delivery and took it for a spin. By the way it was my first time ever riding a Rocket. I had only sat on one in a showroom. Powerful, comfortable, and surprisingly nimble for the weight. My Vulcan 1600 Nomad was a nice bike but comparatively a tank with a VW bug engine compared to the R3 in every way. I love the black/white combo and chrome. My problem is it isn't registered yet and I don't have a plate so it sits for a few days until go to the DMV. I may take an overnight this week to Las Vegas or central coast CA to really get a feel. Thanks to you folks for the welcome and now as i finally get to use the bike you will see me here on the forum. Shout out to you Aussie folks BTW it has D&D pipes and a throttlemeister but no other performance add-ons. I gotta go... and stare at it for a while. See ya on the road.

012.JPG

Maaaaaaaaaaaate,
Try to remember, you are indeed quite a bloke; but not a quiet one! :p:D:thumbsup:

@kneesinthewind
Oh yes, WELCOME to the best motor forum anywhere!

Sorry to be so late with my greetings, but Welcome to the Forum from Sunny South Florida. Beautiful bike, I know you'll enjoy every mile on it.

Back