Carl Adam

Standard Bore
Ride
2020 Triumph Rocket 3 TFC
Hello Fellow R3 Devotees. I am brand new to the forum. I recently acquired a 2020 Rocket 3 TFC as a collector piece and occasional ride. I already have a few questions about it and am looking forward to expanding my knowledge with the help of others. Carl

WELCOME! to our R3 Family... First Triumph or next? Any photos?? Enjoy your new Perma-Grin! :thumbsup: :cool: Ask away....
-MIG

WELCOME! to our R3 Family... First Triumph or next? Any photos?? Enjoy your new Perma-Grin! :thumbsup: :cool: Ask away....
-MIG
Thanks for Welcome!
Not my first Triumph but close. I have a 675 Daytona that I purchased new year ago thinking I was going to use it as a track day bike. By that time, I had a lot of experience with race cars and thought that I could maybe extend the on- track interest to motorcycles. I never did pursue it and the Daytona remains in my climate controlled garage with a mere couple hundred miles. I always loved the look of it (black and gold) and for years utilized it as a piece of sculpture in a cool in-town loft apartment I had in Chicago.

I acquired the TFC due to the limited offering of 750 with only about 225 or so making it to the USA. I test rode a R3 at a dealer in Florida this winter and was motivated to have one by the exhilaration provided by the power. Plus I liked the idea of it having the largest engine ever in a production motorcycle. I guess those that write that do not consider a Boss Hoss a production motorcycle.

My first question about my R3 TFC was about the front and rear turn signal lighting. When viewing the introduction videos of the 2020 model on You Tube, the examples shown all had some very contemporary LED devices, both front and rear. My R3 has rather clunky looking round ones. My RS is a later one, so I thought it would have the cooler looking devices. I thought maybe it was a difference between British and American deliveries. Any knowledge you may have to share about this would be appreciated.

Thanks for your time. Carl

Thanks for Welcome!
Not my first Triumph but close. I have a 675 Daytona that I purchased new year ago thinking I was going to use it as a track day bike. By that time, I had a lot of experience with race cars and thought that I could maybe extend the on- track interest to motorcycles. I never did pursue it and the Daytona remains in my climate controlled garage with a mere couple hundred miles. I always loved the look of it (black and gold) and for years utilized it as a piece of sculpture in a cool in-town loft apartment I had in Chicago.

I acquired the TFC due to the limited offering of 750 with only about 225 or so making it to the USA. I test rode a R3 at a dealer in Florida this winter and was motivated to have one by the exhilaration provided by the power. Plus I liked the idea of it having the largest engine ever in a production motorcycle. I guess those that write that do not consider a Boss Hoss a production motorcycle.

My first question about my R3 TFC was about the front and rear turn signal lighting. When viewing the introduction videos of the 2020 model on You Tube, the examples shown all had some very contemporary LED devices, both front and rear. My R3 has rather clunky looking round ones. My RS is a later one, so I thought it would have the cooler looking devices. I thought maybe it was a difference between British and American deliveries. Any knowledge you may have to share about this would be appreciated.

Thanks for your time. Carl
VERY COOL! Well... I ride the previous "largest production motorcycle" and I must say the adrenaline rush is addicting and, based on today's ride (scenic route between Sierra Vista and Tucson, AZ), it never fades...
-MIG
Here's my girl, Fiona, taken on a ride from Miami to Tucson a year and a half ago...
Fiona.jpg

Welcome Carl.
Regarding the marked difference or indicator lights.......The big round ones are primarily U.S. spec and the slim, dynamic looking ones are for the rest of the world.
My guess is that the big round ones were a mandatory requirement in your country.
I could imagine that they can be seen from a greater distance than the slim ones.

Welcome from sunny North Texas. Most of the people here and on other forums don't have any problem with modifications to suit their tastes. If you want the Euro spec OEM indicators I would bet Ebay would send them to you.

Last edited:
Back