Hello

I too bought a Red and White R3 Classic this summer. I bought this as my first bike and just love it. This bike handles so well. I've ridden other bikes recently but can't wait to get back on mine. People are shocked to learn this is my first bike, but I tell them it handles very easily. It's one amazing machine.

I'm also wondering how the gel touring seats are as far as comfort over long (day long) rides. Any input would be great as far as upgraded seats for the R3.

Thanks,
Mark

Welcome and congrats on the new purchase Mwhitney90.

Monkey butt is a comman complaint. I have the Classic also and think that you should go to an aftermarket seat rather than the Triumph gel seat, according to some that would be a step in the wrong direction. The only discomfort I have with the Classic seat is on very hot days. Toystoretom has recently skined a sheep and has had some positive results with the hide on top of his seat.

Good to have you here Mwhitney90,and a very bold move to get the largest production motorcycle made for a 1st bike.Be sure and get as much practice as you can and a MSF might be in the cards to help hone those good habits.Helped me a lot to learn how much I didn't know.The seat is a personal matter,my first fix was an Alaska Leather sheepskin seat cover that stopped that monkey butt cold. :)

Thanks for the advice about the seat. I think I'll try the seat cover as a first option and see how that goes. I did take the MSF class...in the rain for the entire weekend. We were having a nice nor'easter on the weekend I had my class, so that was a nice learning experience. Believe me, I was a bit nervous when getting on the Rocket at first. It was the best fitting bike for my size (6'6", 270lbs). So it didn't take too long to get comfortable on it.

Once again, thanks for the advice about the seats.

Congrats on the purchase... I have a Corbin seat, a Fastgun solo which works pretty well for me... some people don't like Corbin seats though. I tried one of those high dollar Air Hawks and it didn't fit the seat... So I then tried a sheepskin seat cover from Alaska Leather and its the Bee's Knees... It can ride non stop through a whole tank of gas now (or for 2 hours anyway) and when I get off to refill thats all it takes to recharge me for another long jaunt.

I have no natural padding at all it seems, plus I have a circulation problem in my right leg that just adds to the monkey butt problem, but this setup works pretty well. I did ride in a downpour for a couple of hours recently and the sheepskin likes to soak up water. But... if you shake it out and let it dry hanging up it comes back just as good as new.

Link Removed

Tomo

Back