Hey all, just a follow up here on my question about the conflicting info concerning oil change on the Rocket. The service guy at the dealership explained it for me....the oil should be drained while hot, as usual, to facilitate full flow out. This is the same as every bike I've ever owned. However, in order to get an accurate reading of oil level when filling back up with fresh, the engine must be cold.
Thanks all for your help here.
Leeb
Okay, maybe I buy that, but that does not necessitate an overnight stay. If so, hopefully they provide a loaner bike like my dealership does.

Hi Boog....I have another question about my new rocket GT. The shop says that for the first 1000 km oil change, they need my bike for 2 days, as they say the engine needs to be cold to do a proper oil change. They say they can't count on the level reading right if the oil is hot.
But the owner's manual says, like every bike I've ever had, the oil should be hot.
Very confused here. Can you help? Thanks.
Find another shop ASAP.

Hey all, just a follow up here on my question about the conflicting info concerning oil change on the Rocket. The service guy at the dealership explained it for me....the oil should be drained while hot, as usual, to facilitate full flow out. This is the same as every bike I've ever owned. However, in order to get an accurate reading of oil level when filling back up with fresh, the engine must be cold.
Thanks all for your help here.
Leeb
That's a load of double talk. That's sounds like telling a new guy to go find a non existent tool.

Hi all, new to the bike new to the forum. Have been riding for over 40 years, just had to get the 2021 Rocket 3 GT when I saw it. Love it. But when I picked it up, the Cruise control was not working. The little orange wrench showed up on the dash right away. The shol says the computer just neefs a reboot. Thoughts? Opinions? Thanks.

Hi, my dealer insisted I drop mine off the day before as well.
(I am 80Km away from the dealer, and single, making the logistics challenging.)
Seems getting parts is a challenge for the dealers. (Mid control pkg, etc). I have been waiting months to get the bike in the configuration I paid for.
As for the failures, I have had numerous fails in the first 400km, check out the posts:)
My 2021 GT is at the dealer now, (since last Thursday!)...I will let everyone know how it goes.

Back