Silver Bullet

Supercharged
Well...I have started my riding life over again. I just purchased a 05 R3 with 3500 miles and a ton of options. Previously I rode an 01 Valkyrie. I suspect that the VN2000 Vulcan owners that I ride with will no longer run away....and hide.:)
So far I just love the R3 and its torque. I am looking forward to learning from the "old pro's" on the tech page to tune and maintain my new toy.

Happy riding to all...Silver Bullet.

Welcome Silver Bullet,

Enjoy the new Beast. This site abounds with info concerning R/3 bling and mods. Contribute often.
Like myself, do you occasionally enjoy a cold Coors Light or does the on line handle have a different point of reference?

Thanks...

Thanks for the welcome. The handle "Silver Bullet" is in reference to the bike color (gun metal grey or dark silver) and the prowess this bike posess's with regard to the abundance of muzzle velocity (a firearms term..when the bullet leaves the barrel)...:)
Maybe this weekend I will get a chance to take some pics to pass along for board comment.
I have been reading with great interest about the issue of the decell popping. This bike does that a lot and is not really to my liking. This bike has the updated exhaust with the CAT removed. Have any of you been successful in setting the PCM perameters up to be a little richer on decell? As I understand the cause, that is the fix? Apparently with the use of Tuneboy software?
Thanks ahead of time for your thoughts.

Stay away

Welcome Bullet,
Stay away from the dealers tune to fix the decel popping. It takes away from some of the performance. They are giving me a hard time and won't put the old one back in.

Back