CvSisinthehouse

Supercharged
Just got my tag today for this beast and took it to work. Nice and smooth, but quiet as a churchmouse. I will scan the site to see about makin it a little more throaty. How big is the reserve tank? I went 20 miles on it and could only put in 5 1/4 gallons, was expecting to put like at least a gallon more. The manual doesnt seem to mention how big the rexerve is.

3 weeks ago I didnt even know Triumph still made bikes, and I've been riding for 15 years. Went to a Yamaha/Triumph dealer to look at a Vmax and well, you can guess what caught my eye.

welcome to the site from Irvine Kentucky, the tank Is supposed to hold 6.3 gallon that's if you can get it perfectly level and all the air pockets out so figure 6 my little warning Light normally comes on with 2 gallons left. I always set my mileage every time I get gas, I have got as low as 30 miles per gallon and as much as 41 it varies state to state and quality of gas I also pull a trailer a lot .

Welcome aboard. I hope that you enjoy your new thrill ride.

First, there is no reserve. This is a fuel injected bike and as such there is no fuel petcock nor "reserve". Carb bikes do have the reserve capability. On the Rocket (and most all fuel injected bikes) there is a low fuel light that comes on to serve as your warning.

Standards/Classics/Roadsters all have a 6.6 U.S. gallon tank. It seems like the average fill immediately after the fuel light comes on is around 4 gallons. I've modified the fuel level arm inside the tank so it comes on a little later now.

Depending on your happiness with the throttle, you should be safe up to 180 miles per tank. I've gone over 200 several times and still have not more than 6 gallons in.

Back