rocketbill

Supercharged
Ride
2013 Rocket 3 Touring
Hello to all, Just Bought a 2005 Grey Rocket 3 last week, Has the triumph racing pipes, Corbin fairing and hardbags. I traded my 2010 Yamaha raider in for it. For 2 days i was really not feeling 100 percent about the trade because i really do like the raiders. My raider was set up pretty much complete how i liked it and now im starting over. Now im over it, i love my rocket and am enjoying it and learing from this forum. The down low power is much greater than the raider and i love the looks of the triumph. Am going to change the shaft oil and radiator fluid tomorrow. Was looking at the triumphs for a long time and just stumbled on this one and had to have it. Anyway hello from Montana and hope i can contribute to this forum.

Hi Bill, and welcome to the site from Brisbane Australia.
You have made the right choice, these bikes are great.

Another welcome from Downunder. The more you ride it the more you'll love it. Get used to attracting attention and answering questions wherever you go.

Welcome from the Gold Coast. Be careful with the drain bolt on the bevel drive they have a magnet in them and it's a weak point. They snap easy and have a low torque rate.

The cooling system has a bleed bolt above the thermostat housing on the head, remove until just fluid comes out (when filling radiator) then quickly replace (so as not to let air back in).

Welcome to the forum. You'll find the Rock to be compliant with ergonomics with just a few teaks. The ride quality can be improved a LOT by some suspension upgrades and then you have no excuses to ever get tired of the power or ride (although power sometimes corrupts for the need for more....). Glad you're here. :)

Welcome mate. One word of advice. Before you buy a thing or walk to your bike holding a tool, stop check here then make an informed decision.

Back