Neil D

Standard Bore
Hi all,

Just been out and bought myself a Rocket 111 today. Early 2004 model but low miles and mint. Traded in my Suzuki GSX 1400.

This early model has a grey engine block. Any body painted theirs black? I think it sets the chrome off better.

Any idea who might do the painting of the engine block or the likely costs? Don't want a mess job done.

I'm in Birmingham, England.

Any R111 owners meets coming up soon in the Midlands area?

Regards

Neil D.

Welcome, Neil, from Texas USA. Kindly post up a photo or two of the new bike.

As for painting the motor block, no doubt it is doable but seems to us it would be quite involved and therefore pricey.

We trudge on.

Welcome to the R3 family - I know you will enjoy the ride. Not sure about the painting of the engine but if you have enough money pretty much anything is possible. :D

Hi all,

Just been out and bought myself a Rocket 111 today. Early 2004 model but low miles and mint. Traded in my Suzuki GSX 1400.

This early model has a grey engine block. Any body painted theirs black? I think it sets the chrome off better.

Any idea who might do the painting of the engine block or the likely costs? Don't want a mess job done.

I'm in Birmingham, England.

Any R111 owners meets coming up soon in the Midlands area?

Regards

Neil D.
Welcome from Oz..
When I had the Engine kit mod done I Asked The Dealer this same Q' he said can't really be done with paint it would have to be baked on to be successful. Maybe he was being truthful but not sure...UK Many years ago there was a high temp Engine black paint used on the old cast iron cylinder fins on my Norton Domi, it sort of baked itself on from the Cyl Heat, not seen it around for years tho'

Hi from Oklahoma, U.S.S.A.
Welcome to the site and Rockethood.
I would think after a very good cleaning,
some hi-temp enamel would stick and look good.
I'd think you should be able to get it at a home supply store
fairly cheaply.
Give it a try an post up some before an after pics..
Again, WELCOME.
don't worry about the rocket grin, it's permanent..;)

Enjoy your new bike and welcome from Scotland.:) I like the silver engine my first two had them.

welcome from north east of the Uk,
I also have a 2004, my bike is low milegae,and mint as well, but one thing you will enjoy the ride. it doesnt matter what age your bike is, its the fun you have riding it and the amount of add on,s you can put on these bikes, it all depends on how deep your pockets are. Regarding the paint for your engine, I think is would cost you alot of money to get a good job done, trying it your self would give you the risk of making a bad job and spoiling the look of the bike. :) ENJOY

Welcome from downunder. Give the grey engine some time and you'll love it. In any case, it's they way these things go that counts!

Back