Clubman

.020 Over
Never really cared much for these intro threads.

Anyway, don't have a rocket. Would love a daytona in time, and possibly a speed triple.

What I want the Rocket for is the engine. Which, as you may guess from my name, I wish to put in a clubman. Probably s/c'ed. Would like 300hp form the wheels, but 250 would be fine if it meant I didn't need a new block every year after a conrod went through the side or crankshaft goes bust. Not going to start the project for about three years yet, but considering how long it's been on my mind, it's not fanciful.

welcome along. whats a clubman?
i actually have a whole spare rocket engine :D

welcome along. whats a clubman?

Standard engines are sr20det's and other sr20 variants, Ford zetecs, forced hayabusa's, that kinda thing. Racing clubmans are often 1.6L so 4age's and sr16's with diy DET modifications. I believe the one pictured has a 4age and is a rooly sharp build at that.

cool, I could get into that. Anyway just curious are you dead set on forced air to achieve this 250 to 300 hp. Just asking as Carpenter Racing makes a Silver back version of th eRocket and ther stage 1 kit is 240 at the rear wheel. There shop bike is running high 8's now in the quarter with 270 hp. It would take up less room in th ecar plus you would not have to worry breaking the crank shaft nose as it seems to happen on a lot of Rockets. ALSo you should becarefull with your caam chain tensioner as **** can happen when it fails prematurely :eek:

Not dead set on forced intake, just looks way sweet with a ram air on top. Even if it's just a couple psi on top. I can't see myself putting a blower on it without playing around with the internals a fair bit, even if I don't change the compression ratio too much. Crankshaft, conrods, pistons, valve springs and possibly cam's would be on the list. Would pretty much just be a road/pony car. Certainly not a straight line demon (though I doubt it would slouch), a car for the hills with a good strong mid-range.

Like I said, this is a few years off yet. Still at uni and finish up next year, my savings account is looking rather anemic currently.

Mini Clubman!!
Umm, read the above

No R3, no interest in an R3, four wheels, are you sure you really want to be here??

Hell, you could even read the OP properly. I ride and eventually I want an R3 motor. But as for a power cruiser, no, I have no interest in them. Maybe when I'm older and lazier.

However, a turbo'ed vmax engine could make quite a nice 1.6L engine for a clubman too...

welcome, it would seem by the rego on the car in post #5 you are in Auss when are ready to actually do something go and see Nevillie Lush in SA he is the Aussie guro for performance

Back