A belated WELCOME and greetings from WA State.
Why waste your time - go Rocket!

Thanks for the welcome, everyone! To the post about the bike in Mass, I appreciate the offer but I'd like to look a little closer to home first. And to the person who asked which part of NC I'm in, I live in Duncan, NC which is just outside of Fuquay Varina, NC, which is just south of Raleigh. So kinda right in the middle of the state. I noticed there is a R3R for sale at a dealer about 45 minutes or so from me. A 2014. Looks interesting but it's got the red stripes on it and I prefer the white stripes but it's also discounted $2000 under MSRP and I'm thinking those red stripes aren't SO BAD. :) And that if I buy that bike and decide I really do just HATE them that it wouldn't be that hard to change them over to white. It's a thought, anyway. My time-frame for getting another bike is still within the next few months. I'm trying to be all calm and cool and rational about it but as usual the closer it gets to time for me to buy a bike the more excited I get about it and when I watch the videos of this bike it just really gets me going. Thanks again for the welcome and I'm pretty sure that you guys are right about how if I actually test-ride one of these bikes that the torque will hook me. I'm wanting to experience that smile that I keep hearing about.

Ain't much "character" to those flat and straight wagon trails and way to much traffic. I used to ride those woods so to speak. At least you can hammer through traffic with the Rocket. Ride safe down there and stay away from Cary and the airport. Get a Stebel air horn. VERY helpful on 40.

Ain't much "character" to those flat and straight wagon trails and way to much traffic. I used to ride those woods so to speak. At least you can hammer through traffic with the Rocket. Ride safe down there and stay away from Cary and the airport. Get a Stebel air horn. VERY helpful on 40.
We moved to Fuquay away from the north side of Raleigh and a major part of the reason for making that move was to get away from the traffic. Actually some pretty nice back-roads around where I live, and if I *really* wanna get into some interesting stuff, it's just a few hours west from here. I have a Stebel on my current bike. Yep, makes a nice difference. Here's a pointer to where I live right now. Out in the middle of nowhere with some decent roads and not much traffic at all unless you count the occasional tractor: (that slanted green line is the Cape Fear River. It's right through the woods almost exactly a mile from my house)
newhouse.jpg

There are a few happy trails there BUT, I left there in favor of the mountains here near Asheville and Tennessee and about 10 minutes off the BRP. I am much happier now. Ride safe, come visit when you can.

Back