New Bike...Just Down!

How nice for all these well wishes. The awful thing about this experience was its unavoidability! You are simply a victim of circumstance.
I've been riding for 60 years, have done yearly cross country trips amounting to tens of thousands of miles and NEVER hit a deer before.
Now....10 minutes from my house at my ridiculous age...BAM! Maybe going 40-50 mph and killed two deer....They almost killed me!
I'd say be careful if I had any advice about how to avoid this issue but I do not have a single word!

I basically don't ride at night anymore, rarely even in a car. Went to store the other night, deer crossed in front of me on the way there, on the way home, 6 or 7 miles, tops, 2 deer and a fox crossed, one deer just stood in the road until I came to a complete stop. My wife and I have each hit 3 in the 32 years I have lived out in the swamps.

I basically don't ride at night anymore, rarely even in a car. Went to store the other night, deer crossed in front of me on the way there, on the way home, 6 or 7 miles, tops, 2 deer and a fox crossed, one deer just stood in the road until I came to a complete stop. My wife and I have each hit 3 in the 32 years I have lived out in the swamps.

You have other things to worry about in the swamps other than a few deer.
th (1).jpg

This travel a white tail deer already jumped ahead of me in the 129 by the Harley store.. later in the day another in the foothills parkway. .. looks like they are more active this days... I try to be careful but really it's a coin drop where they will appear. ... I hate the bipolar squirrels that cant make their mind the most... should I cross? Should i get back? Repeat and repeat

How are you doing with your recovery?

Back