New Bike...Just Down!

zenbiker

Zenbiker
Ride
2021 R3 GT
Just received my new 2021 R3 GT. Breaking it in with 150 miles on it, hit a herd of deer and have been recuperating for about four weeks after having been thrown from the bike on a highway in NJ.
Spent ICU and hospital time.
Damage to the bike seems mainly cosmetic but I'm just not willing to ride a bike with $17000 worth of "Cosmetic" damage to it so will be getting a new one.
My recovery is slow and painful but there was no avoiding this herd which appeared in front of me before I could even hit the brakes.
am 77 years old so recovery seems to be forever.

I am saddened to hear of this brother. I know how it fells hitting a fawn and totaling an FZ-1, but each crash is different. What speed did you hit the heard at?

Wow, hoping for a speedy recovery! Deer are deadly, you are fortunate enough to still be here to tell the tale. I was born in Pennsylvania and lived there for 37 years. Had my share of deer encounters and near misses in both PA and NJ.

I was out riding with a group of Triumph owners last Sunday morning at around 11 am I saw a doe running through the trees about 20 feet away from me going the same direction.

First time I have seen a wild deer while riding. And thought about the guys in the USA who have hit or had near misses.

Recover quickly.

Back