The original flames on the bike I am told are metal flake ghost flames. And think they are decals of some sort. The painter for the bags had lots of trouble matching because he said the decals were no longer available. He finally settled on a Pearl.

Yeh, I have seen a couple of the darker burnt yellow bikes but never another one like mine. So I think you are right and it is rare.

nice....

yes,
I would agree that it is a rare combo. should be very collectable in a few years. I'm wondering what Dave is up to, as far as bags' are concerned.... just curious.:D

greg

I've got a Jardine system at the house.. :) Once I sell the TORs/cat by-pass (sale pending) I will replace the stock shocks (finally after 43,000 miles!) with Progressives. My budget at that time will determine wether I go with 412s, 440s, etc... :)

Also looking at doing the triple K&Ns, and I have to get one of Flips radiator guards.. But, brake pads and general maintenance (for both the Rocket and Trophy) come before either of those... so that may be a while.. :)

yes,
I would agree that it is a rare combo. should be very collectable in a few years. I'm wondering what Dave is up to, as far as bags' are concerned.... just curious.:D

greg

Last edited:
Goodfellow,
Dave has my Leatherlykes and some cash. Well cash is gone he bought jardines.:D

Dave,
Yeh, painter did a really good job on the bags. I wanted the ghost flames too. So I am sure that is part of why I paid $600 for the paint job. Or so I was told. But I think perhaps it was worth it. Maybe I might even enter my bike in a small competition now?

I would if I were you.. :) It looks great! I think even my bike will disappear next to yours.. :) I'll have to get a new "bagless" picture to go by my name there... :)

Back