Now that all our appetites are thoroughly whetted we would surely like to see the resolution to this. More than that though, it could happen to us!

Welcome Griz from Maine, I'm not an electrical guy, would have done as you have, corroded components are always tough, good luck

Hoopla

Thanks to everyone who replied. I know it's confusing to think how I messed up such a simple thing, but when you work in a hurry in the dark things can go south fast. What happened was the little negative arm (prong, wire, thing-a-ma-bob) got pushed down into the positive connection when I SHOVED the bulb in. I hadn't swapped one out on this bike yet and didn't see that it needed to slide up the side of the bulb housing. Upon inspection of the left side I could see what I did. It's seems so simple when you don't manhandle the thing! :laugh: Anyway, I'm going to open the switch up next and see if I cooked it somehow. Maybe I will get to it tomorrow, (I hope!)- the missus doesn't seem to think my project is the priority. :confused:. The good thing is that I can always use hand signals!!
I'm sure you are all on the edges of your seats over it, So I'll keep you posted.
if a woman thought fixing my bike wasn't a priority, I'd give her a hand signal. images-30.jpg

Back