Never Again... order from Bike Bandit

RatBoy

Turbocharged
To start out...

I love to be able to look up OEM part information on Bike Bandit.

To start in...:soapbox:

I thought I could save a little money by ordering from bike bandit and I probably will in the long run. But the pain and aggravation of trying to deal with their parts ordering is no where near worth the money saved.

I ordered exhaust seals and a replacement side infill panel because I want to install pipes and move the ignition. It's been 10 days and they still can't tell me the status of my order. Where it is in the process... When the would ship out...etc.

They don't have a traditional customer service 800 number, they have an on-line chat room with CustSvc.

The customer service agent couldn't tell when I would be receiving my order.

Fair Warning (not the Van Halen iknd either) Never Again...:mad:

Bike Bandit

That makes two of us.....same thing happened to me. Ordered exhaust gaskets and paid for expedite shipping...that was 9 days ago and nothing as far as correspondence or any shipment. Told them to cancel my order last night and forget me ordering a **** thing from them again. Must be nice to take orders and extra shipping charges and just get to them when ya can. Maybe I need to start a parts business...HA.
Todd

I also really like the on line diagrams Bike Bandit has but remember like 90% of all of the on line parts outlets they simply take the money and place the order with the vendor and the vendor drop ships it. They are probably dealing with Triumph America trying to get it from overseas.

My neighbor runs a custom wheel and tire shop. He is barely getting by because of all of the on line shops. He said wheel manufacturers will mount and balance tires on rims now before shipping so the on line seller is making money by not even having to touch the product. If they list the product for $10 over cost, they still make money.

That's interesting. When Bart damaged his R3 or should I say the towing company damaged it, he ordered the replacement parts from Bike Bandito and got all the parts in a week.

Pig9r:
Maybe Bike Bandito is turning into a parts house like the outfit you ordered that half price stuff from.:eek:

never had a prob with them... but i knew in advance the parts came from triumph so i expected wait.. not usually more than 7 days though..

The truly aggravating part is that I called my local Triumph dealer and they are telling me that TriAmerica has the parts in stock.

To throw my 2 cents worth in. I have ordered a few items from them as well. Have to agree the wait is a little longer than most places (my last order from JP Cycles came to my door in 4 days, 7 to 10 working days is their mission statement). Although the longer wait may not set well with some, the orders I've placed have made it to me.

Supplier Feedback

...Have to agree the wait is a little longer than most places (my last order from JP Cycles came to my door in 4 days, 7 to 10 working days is their mission statement). Although the longer wait may not set well with some, the orders I've placed have made it to me.

The lack of acknowledgement of order; failure to update order status, and no tracking information really tightens my jaws. Then suddenly the item shows up but the shipper won't leave it without a signature. In most cases Triumph, you're dealing with an exclusive, or nearly so, supplier for the Triumph parts. J&P is no different. They got you by the short hairs. Now if you be ordering computer hardware (upgrade parts or building a complete unit) those folks know there are hundreds of alternatives so they (99%) keep you abreast of what's happening with your order. I'd say the only means to change them is a campaign by all Captains to provide feedback to the sellers. We've got to change their nasty habit of taking us for granted.:eek: I regularly provide that feedback:( They call me mud.

Back