Need ideas for winter projects!

We'd love to have rain here in the winter. The best we can hope for is freezing rain which comes down wet but freezes solid over your whole car and takes ages to to chip off in the morning!
that is why I am leaving calgary for southern BC , these long cold snowy winters are not a civilized way to enjoy the few moments of pleasure in life

When I retire the plan is to head to the southern US, either to Florida or Arizona for several months at a time. Trailer the bike down and drive. Can hardly wait.

For me, somewhere like Arizona would be just as bad. I could never ride in the hell-oven it becomes in the summertime. Four months a year the average hits about 105 degrees F, with record highs past 120. **** that. Plus scorpions and deserts and whatnot.

For me, somewhere like Arizona would be just as bad. I could never ride in the hell-oven it becomes in the summertime. Four months a year the average hits about 105 degrees F, with record highs past 120. **** that. Plus scorpions and deserts and whatnot.

how often do you find scorpions while riding on the asphalt of arizona? I really feel sorry for your dilemna care to exchange !!and experience of the joyfull -15 farenheit temperature when the oil in your car turns to jello, when you spit in the air it falls back on your head solid as ice and wile pissing in the snow making yellow designs better wrap your hand around your hoopty doopty if you care to use it later on that day!!

A moment of silence then, out of commiseration for our poor, frozen-cold brethren suffering through the off-season up in Canada's frozen tundra...

[

Last edited:
We'd love to have rain here in the winter. The best we can hope for is freezing rain which comes down wet but freezes solid over your whole car and takes ages to to chip off in the morning!

Duk O' Death,
Whenever I cuss the Washington weather I live in, I try to consider youse Canucks. Usually makes me feel a tad better. :p
You ARE coming to Marble Falls in April, YES? :thumbsup:

that is why I am leaving calgary for southern BC , these long cold snowy winters are not a civilized way to enjoy the few moments of pleasure in life

Why Patrick,
We'll almost be neighbors!?!? :inlove

The Triumph fix for the headlights is not as functional as the EB kit. You can still install it and get the dazzling bright lights that you are wanting.
iirc the Triumph kit is ALSO a relay. Be cautious of driving relays with other relays. You can get false earth and other weird stuff. But none of this will mater if you stick with the SHYTE Triumph headlight units. DO NOT stick higher wattage bulbs in.

1) The "mirroring" on the PLASTIC reflector will burn off right opposite the low beam filament. Seen it first hand.
2) The plastic will degrade and become VERY brittle. Also seen first hand.

I know a guy in Hella who told me a GOOD 35watt sealed beam unit will put more light on the road than a Triumph H4 unit even running straight off the battery. He'd measured it.
The original 5&3/4" spec's were NEVER designed to have an H4 bulb in - the filament position relative to the reflectors is NOT ideal.
But patterned lens with a simple steel reflector cope better than the patterned reflector/clear lens units.

Back