Music Music Music

www.cyclegadgets.com

Rusty, not sure why it didn't work for you, but I just accessed it again and it worked fine.
Dennis

Cycle Gadgets

Rusty, not sure why it didn't work, so I tried it and met similar results. Then I tried the search feature (Google) and typed in Cycle Gadgets and a site that said www.cyclegadgets.com came up but again was unaccessible. But the top entry said Cycle Gadgets - BMW Motorcycle Accessory Source, again nothing, but then I clicked on the "mini-site" listed under listed as RAM Mount System and the page I was talking about came up.
Hope that helped. The web is a funny place sometimes.
Dennis
22 dtg!

Last edited:
The link works for me also...

Hey TonyMac... I was in Wally World this AM and they had several of the usual suspects we are talking about, but they are anywhere from $30 to $50 more expensive... I will be buying online :D.... Thanks!

I have the leather Gas tank strap that has the little ciggy pouch built into it, that would make a nice little waterproof home for a player. Since I have a Fleetliner I doubt if any moisture would even get there in the first place... It could always go in a baggy during a downpour..

My GPS (Meaning Rand McNally fold out road map) isn't exactly waterproof like I found out last summer up in Iowa :eek:

Tom,

That sounds like a plan.....................as long as your memory remains in fine fettle and you remember to put it in your pocket and/or disconnect before dismounting!

Good luck
:)

I mounted this one with velcro. Comes off really easy and goes into my pocket when I park somewhere and I can read the display/adjust volume/change tunes all while both hands are on the bars. It has 1 gb (200 songs), runs on one AAA and has FM tuner, $40. Whatever you do make sure the MP3 player you get for riding is flash memory, no hard drive.

This is nuts!!

I've been reading reviews on both the Sandisk stuff and the Creative Zen and it seems that neither company has made a single MP3 player that has actually worked. Along with every other manufacturer of MP3 players including the IPOD.

It looks like everyone that ever had a problem with an electrical device has flamed his way onto what ever forum he could get onto and just blasted it. Since I am a newb to this stuff the only conclusion for me to make would be for me to spend my money wisely on any of this it would be a better idea to just put a pile of twenties on the kitchen table and light it on fire with a match. Unbelievable. I had no idea that reputable retailers sold products with 100% failure rates.

Seriously.... I think I'm going with a Sandisk E 260 from Amazon. Most reviews say it has the best sound of all of them, they are made by the only company that owns the rights to all the Flash memory cards made, it is compatible with just about every kind of software out there. Amazon has it on sale for $129 (I saw it at Wally World for $150) plus you get free shipping and an extra $30 off if you sign up for an Amazon Visa.

Too bad it won't work when it shows up (according to all the experts out there). Oh well, its only money:D...

Very good selection Tom, my 1st player was the same capacity. If you put it in your pocket make sure you close the zipper. Mine escaped.:( As far as earphones go it all depends on personal preference. I have lurked on Head-Fi to see the preferences and you go nuts on pair for a grand and anything in between. I went to Radio Shack and got some snap on noise reduction in ear things for like 15.00 that go on regular ear buds. They also have a snap in gel contraption that forms a seal like a hearing aid for regular ear buds. I like my Skullcandy's as they sound good and the price is right and they have an inline volume control. I will caution you to read the warning label about listening riding and remember, rock and roll corrupts the mind. Just my 2cents.

Back