Moving sensor after K&N install

not yet . The gauze end is sheltered between the 2 pods ! It's a game of trial and error , but I would guess that the AIT should be measuring the air temp as near to the filters as possible ie just before it enters the inlet tract !
If the AIT is reading a wildly different temp to the air actually entering the engine , the mixture will be all over the shop !

Here's how I handled it......Has been working great for about 60,000 miles now.

7907_32490234aca28664a1fb8b263db16dfa.JPG

Disclaimer; does not protect against deer strikes :eek:

That there is a bloody good solution Fred ! that will be my next location should it start playing up . What's with the new water cooled inlets ? :thumbsdown:
As for deer strikes ? They wouldn't dare ! When they hear the outlaws, there is no wildlife for miles ! ;)
loud pipes save lives , it's official . :D

That there is a bloody good solution Fred ! that will be my next location should it start playing up . What's with the new water cooled inlets ? :thumbsdown:
As for deer strikes ? They wouldn't dare ! When they hear the outlaws, there is no wildlife for miles ! ;)
loud pipes save lives , it's official . :D

It's only advisable to inject nitrous into one cylinder on a Rocket. ;)

I’ve seen yours and have given it a lot of thought. Would keep oil
Vapor from building up at vent location and ensure you were getting actual inlet temp at all times. Even stuck in traffic. Btw it’s a little late for the deer warning

Back