Motorcycle-riding Bond girl dies

Journeyman

"And this one is just right" ~ Goldilocks
Ride
2020 3R
Honor Blackman, actress who played Ms Galore in ‘Goldfinger,’ dies at 94

bond-girl-dies.jpg

bond - goldfinger 01.jpg

You know you're getting old when a woman you thought was so hot passes away at age 94! it turns out had quite a history with bikes, including Triumphs.

Among other things bike worthy, she was a motorcycle dispatch rider for the Home Office during the Second World War while she was in her teens.

Read the full story here...
Motorcycle-riding Bond girl dies

RIP Honor Blackman...........
Honor-Blackman-Feet-1495527.jpg
303_The-Avengers-19621964.jpg
images.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Cleaned it up.

I've got Goldfinger on my DVR, she will be missed.

I respect your decisions and not trying to make waves, really, but I would like to explain my use of the "P" word here, as some have already seen it. Btw, I use the title "Ms." which you have used, quite regularly and am probably one of only a handful, or probably less, liberals on this site.

Having said that.... I'll now be the guy talking to himself alone in the corner at the next rally.:(

Ms. Blackman's character's first name in the Bond film was her character's first name, way back in 1964 and, according to what I've read, she was quite comfortable referring to herself in that role with that full name.

She was a WWW II vet and, in my opinion, a true badass, and I did not intend to disparage her in any way, nor do I think that I did that in my post.

I would not use that particular word loosely, I understand that it can easily be abused, but it is well within context here, just like when one refers to ***** hats in the women's marches, which I supported, btw.

Thank you- Blake Madden

Last edited:
Concur Blake.

By the way of cleanup -- your link "Read full story here" appears to be messed up. Try again, or may I help ?

Concur Blake.

By the way of cleanup -- your link "Read full story here" appears to be messed up. Try again, or may I help ?

Thank you, Paul- I think I've fixed the link.

"Cleanup" refers to changing the title of the post and content that includes the Bond character's first name. It was truly shocking in 1964, and apparently, still is today. I meant no disrespect to Ms. Blackmon. According to the story....

"Even though notoriously conservative US censors refused to allow the name “[____ ]Galore” to appear on promotional materials. Instead she would be shown as “Miss Galore”, this didn’t stop the fun-loving Honor Blackman from taking delight in embarrassing interviewers by repeating the character’s name over and over during a US promotional tour for the movie.

I appreciate the difficulties of administering this site and you guys do a fine job. There are much bigger problems in the world, especially now- I'll move on.

Blake, it's not about you, we're just held to a particular standard here.

There are other threads on this site about Bond Girls, I could run a 007 Forum almost as easily as a motorcycle one ;)

And when you do, let's settle this up front- Sean Connery is THE Bond, with Daniel Craig a completely different, but good, second place. ;)

I know how to start trouble...

Back