More Touring Goodies

I wonder if the engin dresser bars are indeed new for 2008. I have hesitated buying them or the rivco because of the reports of being flimmsey.

I wonder if the engin dresser bars are indeed new for 2008. I have hesitated buying them or the rivco because of the reports of being flimmsey.

I'm thinking the onset of cold weather has affected your ability to spell or something.:eek:

The Rivco bars were and are quite substantial. I have a set on my Rocket and I can literally put my feet on them and lift my butt off the seat by pulling on the bars.....try that with the Triumph bars and your feet will be in the turnsignals. The only problem with the Rivco issue is fit. The fit is poor but can be adjusted by employing a high speed die grinder and a tungsten carbide burr, which I did. Far as I'm concerned. that's the only Rivco product that's not overpriced.

I like the highway pegs for the new bike. I imagine I'll have a set on my Rivco bars but I suspect I'll have to machine adapter rings to compensate for the difference in diameter.

140 cubic inch oil tank embellisher ahahahaha

And chrome switch housings, about time.

I like the new sissy bar and luggage rack.

Seems to me they were listening to a few people when they came up with this stuff

Removable sissy bar, four different kinds of mirrors, pegs for dresser bars, chrome levers..

I wonder if there is a cross reference guide to what will fit ours?

Removable sissy bar, four different kinds of mirrors, pegs for dresser bars, chrome levers..

I wonder if there is a cross reference guide to what will fit ours?

Brian:

For sure the highway pegs/mounts won't fit the Rivco bars. The Rivco's are a different o.d. than the OEM wiggle bars. That won't be a problem though. A quick adapter collar is in order. I like the mirrors and the backrest. I don't like the prices. The dollar gets weaker and the Pound Sterling gets farther out of reach.

Yes but the prices of the bikes wouldn't indicate that.

That's a fair statement. It's obvious that there is quite a buffer in the built in 'Suggested retail price' versus the actual cost to build, ship and prep for retail sale. Enough of a buffer to allow Mr. Bloor to make money on his wares even as the currency of the world outpaces the Dollar on an ever widening scale.

The acessories are another animal entirely. From what I see and from the prices I see posted on the website, converting the Pounds Sterling to USD allows a sizeable profit margin both for the dealer and the OEM. None of it is a problem with me. Look at Corbin and Rivco. As long as the public will bear the 'freight', so be it. You gotta 'pay to play' in everything in life. Well, except for my clamps and a few other goddies I'll be conjuring up.:D

I like the idea of the "140 cubic inch" oil tank embellisher... :) I also want to get my hands on the tank emblems. I really like the look of those. I took mine off when I got it painted, but I would put those on.

With tank emblems, instead of the question "Who makes that, Yamaha?, Kawasaki? Honda?" I'll get asked.. "Triumph? Who makes that?, Kawasaki?, Suzuki?, Honda?".. lol

Back