Mirrors still move even when bolts are tight

image.jpeg

Yep that's what I meant, they are the crush sleeves that slide on to the stem

That picture looks awfully familiar........lol

No on the side the bolt is under the mount. you will probably see the stem sticking thru which is why you can not tighten it. the washer will be over size for the bolt shank which is 6 mm 1 mm pitch but it has a large head on it so when you get the larger id washer the outside diameter ends up the same as the bolt head diameter.

I see what you mean now. The center of the bolt has that raised section in the middle that butts up against the bottom of the stem...putting the washers on would allow the bolt to pull the stem down tight into the mount, thus holding it firmly in place. I will pick up some washers that fit into the bolts. Thanks.

I see what you mean now. The center of the bolt has that raised section in the middle that butts up against the bottom of the stem...putting the washers on would allow the bolt to pull the stem down tight into the mount, thus holding it firmly in place. I will pick up some washers that fit into the bolts. Thanks.
Right but take a mirror stem and measure it Heck hang on! Ok the stem is .390" so depending on the clearance a 3/8" split lock washer should do it. If not 7/16" will. But I am betting I used 3/8" because there is a radius on the stem shank.

No on the side the bolt is under the mount. you will probably see the stem sticking thru which is why you can not tighten it. the washer will be over size for the bolt shank which is 6 mm 1 mm pitch but it has a large head on it so when you get the larger id washer the outside diameter ends up the same as the bolt head diameter.
I used lock washers on mine very simple do as Warp says so they fit over the mirror stem

Back