Metric Conversions

Being in USA we still use Imperial, though metric is creeping in. Most products sold by weight or volume are usually dual marked with both avoirdupois and metric. As for me I think in imperial measure, I envision imperial dimensions. But, give me a metric appliance and metric tools, I can manage just fine. It's mixed metaphors that can get you in trouble. But there was never any good reason to change. And I note Britain has not given up on Imperial measure completely. That's why we still get along so well.

When I was riding old Trumpets I had to purchase Whitworth wrenches and sockets as metric or U.S. SAE standard tools did not fit anything. I was told that the thread angle / pitch were what the difference was, but the head or cap size was always different.

I like that so far everything on the Triumph appears to be in Metric. I have also learned that a 5/16 works well when I can't find the 8mm. I have found 2 star fasteners that hold the radiator brackets onto the motor. No big deal though since I have them.

Had a nightmare that Triumph had reverted back to Whitworth with BSW , BSF and BSC !
Trusty set of Whitworth spanners , no problem , if the spanner fits n all that ? Difficult thing was winding the the BSC bolts into the BSF drilling on the crank cradle ! Glad I woke up . Thank f!@K for Metric !
All the bolts on the stock rocket are metric I believe ?

Back