Meerkat mufflers

He can leave that pipe in tact if you want but it won't sound as good. I personally think it looks better without it the bore is more fitting for 2500cc
yeah me too...looks way better...I had a boom box built with a similar look with the one pipe...Mine still has pipes going back and forward inside the box...no cat.
Dosnt sound as grunty as yours...and was ALOT dearer....lol.
I was concerned that by chopping the cat box open the laws might change down the line so opted for the boom box.

Last edited:
Yeah Peter said that was the reason he now leaves the cat in tact so it's still legal and also maintains back pressure forward of the box so no tuning needed . Best $350 I've spent and I came so close to buying the bugbike slip-ons. Would have cost me around $3k after dyno tuning so glad I decided to go this route instead financially aesthetically and sound wise it was a win 👍

Yeah Peter said that was the reason he now leaves the cat in tact so it's still legal and also maintains back pressure forward of the box so no tuning needed . Best $350 I've spent and I came so close to buying the bugbike slip-ons. Would have cost me around $3k after dyno tuning so glad I decided to go this route instead financially aesthetically and sound wise it was a win 👍
I agree....you absolutely did the right thing....mine cost me 1800 NZ bucks....I'm happy with the result mostly but would have liked a deeper growl...just a tad more......It does sound very horny in 4th gear when i give it the big twist from low revs tho!..

The not having to remap sounds good to me, ive already agreed to pick up the dave platt exhaust so might fit that and then send my mufflers off to meerkat, i really like the stock aesthetic

yours sound a tad bit deeper, really would love to get a rolling audio from yours, that's always the hardest to get :p
I will try to do another video to capture that for all that are interested. I can't atm though because I have the intake cover off of my bike and it's at the paint shop but hopefully in a week or so I can get out and film it 👍

@Xsannz you are close enough I could meet you at the outpost in Canungra one Saturday and you can hear it in person too if you like 👍
thats true, either way i think i need to pull the trigger soon i am itching to get some more volume out of it, i kinda want to do the ecu tune, but at the same tiem i am very much for maintaining stock till the warranty runs out, especially with how young in general this platform is.

So just an update on this mod . I was finally able to get out to ride it and although it sounds great at idle in the shed it is actually way too loud when riding under load . It's actually unbearable. Anyway I've been in contact with meerkat and he is going to quieten it down for me on Sunday so I will update my thoughts on it after that

Back