Maint of Rotrex Supercharged bike TTS-Performance

late2ride

Rocket roadster playing as a tractor
Ride
2017 Rocket iii Roadster
We are almost finished installing it on my 2017 R3R. I sent these questions to TTS and am wondering if anyone who has put substantial miles on their supercharged bike has suggestions.

Questions about Service additions/changes with a supercharged bike.

1) How often to change the lubricant for the Rotrex and what to use.
2) Winter storage concerns. I put bike in non-heated shed during the snowy cold NE winters. Any issue with the supercharger?
3) What other parts in the kit should we perform periodic checks and maint on?
4) Is the 200 mile suggestion simply a break in period? Anything to check adjust after?
5) Any changes for the service schedule Triumph suggests for rest of the bike?

I've owned several (self lubricated) centrifugal superchargers on cars / trucks with no problems, just don't beat on them until your motor is up to operating temperature, and change the oil in the gear case of the unit when it says so, and you should be golden. I'm guessing these are self lubricated, But shouldn't really make a difference. You'll have to let us know how awesome it ends up being!

From what I can see the only oil to use in the rotrex is the bottle of stuff that comes with it. Warranty on it is void if anything else is used in its place. A few people on car forums have discussed it before and the consensus is that although the oil is very expensive its worth it for peace of mind. From the rotrex handbook oil and filter change interval is 50,000miles or 2 years, whichever comes first. The rotrex supercharger handbook is available as a pdf on their website for any other information.

I have heard that the hydraulic clutch should be checked frequently for the initial few hundred miles as the pushrod for it may need further adjustment and checks to make sure nothing has vibrated loose over the first few hundred miles.

I know nothing about the hydraulic clutch mine was way before. I change the traction fluid as recommended by rotrex. Only use rotrex traction fluid. I you think you can find something thats cheaper and the same quickly slam the door on your pecker and that thought will fade. Winter storage is ok. Keep a eye on the blow off valve. If it gets dirty it will get sticky. Stuck open not so bad you'll run rich stuck closed and you will be excessively lean at throttle shut down. This will be from the boost intake charge not being released.. I'm half deaf so I changed the bov to one with a whistle so if I don't hear it working I know its time to clean it.

I’ve just put a TTS stage one kit on mine. Got stressed out trying to load the new map so going to Silverstone on Wednesday to get it done on the Dyno.

I have only just fitted the stage 2 kit...For me the map install was the easy bit..

Drilling and tapping out the crank was the most difficult and ensuring that no swarf enters the engine.

They sent me the wrong sized guides for drilling and tapping the crank. But got over it.
I have a Tuneecu and now a tuneboy lead with usb plugs. The Tuneboy I had imported from Australia. Could not get anything to work. Still should all be sorted on Wednesday.
How is your Rocket going?

I have a Tuneecu and now a tuneboy lead with usb plugs. The Tuneboy I had imported from Australia. Could not get anything to work.

Sucks to spend so much and wait so long for Tuneboy and not be able to use it.
What happens when you connect computer to bike, switch on ignition, open tuneboy?

Back