Sidecar Flip said:
I'm aware the Jack Lilley has one but, you'd better have steel hinges on your wallet if you want to buy it. Lilley's stand also suffers from the same fate as all the others including Rusty's. You have to insert bolts or pins each time you position the stand and remove them each time which is a PITA.

The one Lilley sells is $99.99 Pounds Sterling. I don't offhand know the current rate of exchange, but, we should be in the ballpark at $125.00 US plus shipping from the UK so $150.00 delivered or there about. That's "over the top" comparing to a Sears 99 buck hydraulic roll around rail lift that you can use on your ATV or any other bike. The Lilley stand is very specific, just for the R3, nothing else.

The Sears jack is a great deal.

And some more...

This thing is as stable as a rock. If you use tie downs, you couldn't knock your bike off with a truck. As you can see, you can remove the handle (the handle is very nice when you are raising or lowering the bike). After you get the front end of the bike in the air you can easily lift the rear and with the help of a buddy or another floor jack you can put on tie downs and both wheels are off of the ground. You can also roll the bike around your garage on the casters. It also has a safety that will keep the bike from falling if the jack should bleed down or fail.

I like it... its gonna work out OK. Its really easy to use and like I said, its very stable.

Did you see that cool sticker in the last pic? :D

I fall down alot... that's how the floor got cracked. Actually, the soil in Missouri is clay and it expands and shrinks and "heaves" quite a bit. The only way you can have a basement around here is to have poured concrete with rebar. Even then foundations take a beating. Most driveways develop cracks after just a short while, my next door neighbor's is caving in.

A note about this jack and probably any other similar jack, be very careful not to put it on your starter motor. The large starter cable is there and you could short that out, and you always run the risk of breaking off the mounting flange for the starter motor, WHICH IS THE ENGINE CASE! You really don't want to do that.

PianoMan said:
Flip....... You're probably right on the color but I see a little little tint of either Massey-Ferguson or Case :p

Pianoman:

Off thread but, Kubota orange is actually 2 distinctly different shades, Orange I and orange II. The lift is close to orange I. Massey's are a lighter more red tinted orange (I have one of those, a 1085 with a Perkins Diesel) and I had a Case Comfort King. Case is 2 toned, the running gear is orange and the sheet metal is a tan color that I believe is called Sunset Tan. I like that color. Would make a nice looking R3. The Case was open station. Open station tractors don't work for me. I prefer cab tractors. Less dust, dirt and especially chaff.

Tomo:

Amy and I live in what is referred to as the "Oak Openings". It is maybe a 20 mile wide strip of fertile loam and sand that extends from Northern Michigan, through Ohio toward the Ohio River. While the ground is fertile here we also have a unique problem in that below the loam is limestone and the limestone gets eroded by water creating sink holes and caves in what geologists call a "Karst" region. Our ground is to, unstable. Our front steps have moved away from the house (I'm going to have to re-set them) and all our concrete floors are too, cracked. A couple of years I poured a pad for our grain tanks and to keep it together I used hog panels in the ready mix and drive pipes in the ground with plate welded on top and set in the concrete. Farmers around here have to always be on the lookout for sinkholes. They will swallow a tractor in an instant. We have a small one down the road. I don't get too near it, it might swallow me.:D

I like the RCE sticker. I'm going to bug Jamie for one.

Make sure you use that safety strap. If that sucker falls over, you'll be heartbroken and probably herniated picking her back up.

Last edited:
Back