In John Deere green, on a hot summer's night.......

Hondax:

I just new that if I exhibited patience, that sooner or later you'd allude as to what brand of tractors you had. I can't afford green. Besides, I'm color blind.:D

I bet you have one of those funky green JD mailboxes.:)

Sidecar Flip said:
Hondax:

I just new that if I exhibited patience, that sooner or later you'd allude as to what brand of tractors you had. I can't afford green. Besides, I'm color blind.:D

I bet you have one of those funky green JD mailboxes.:)

Back in 1995 JD and Yanmar were the only two manufacturers making a low profile utility tractor for use in Poultry houses, without modifications. Yanmar's were cheap, underpowered and the nearest dealer was in Arkansas. The only good thing was the power plant, but I can't recall who made them. Jap I think.

We have a LARGE size mailbox in black. I don't believe JD makes one in that size. Two many neighbors have them and I'm all about unique.:D

Hondax:

I believe Yanmar's have always had Yanmar engines. I know they make a fine inboard diesel for sailboats. The guy down the road has an old Yanmar with a belly mower on it that just keeps running. Yanmar engines must be good, JD has used them for years.:D :D

Kubota makes a low pro in the M9. I believe they call it an "Orchard Tractor". I've had 7 of the orange things and never had a mechanical problem. Wish I could say that about my cars, pickup trucks and motorcycles.

I absolutely won't hold it against you that you have a JD. Everyone has their faults. Just keep an eye on the new ULSD. It's hard on injector cups and pump parts. A little Lucas, Power Service or Cat Fuel Additive will go a long way toward preventing costly injector problems. I'm using th Cat Additive in my tractors and my pickup.

All the hub bub about ULSD reminds me of when we went from Tetra-Ethyl laced gasoline to unleaded except that the new diesel fuel is devoid of lubricants and the injection system suffers.

In so much as mailboxes, I'd have a Kubota one if they made one, I don't believe one is made like that. I guess I could get a JD box and paint it orange but around here a mailbox only lasts about a year before the local kids use it for batting practice or the snowplow wipes it out.:D

Last edited:
Back