I made custom rack as that sissybar doesn't seem to be very strong and i need proper luggages. I searched all kind of luggages and ended up in Shad ones. Those were a bit bigger than thought and i wanted to put them as tight packet as possible and as low as possible too. I don't really like the look of rear luggage in any bike, but need one. I sacrificed that beautiful rear light too and put rear luggage support through it. You can put just straight bars/tubes over that rear plastic and keep original rear lamp. Covers to holes might be a bit tricky, but not impossible. Mine is a bit thin itself, but i have bolted them to side cases rack as very sturdy packet. That Shad SH58X has optional backrest cushions, so you don't really need that sissybar.
Very nice fabrication work, I like the way you have fixed the new bracket from the top and bolted through the frame. I think the result looks much better than Triumphs rubbish stock bags and ridiculously small sissy bar!
My only concern is that looking at pic 5 it all looks very close to the rear tire. Have you checked the clearance when the rear shock is fully compressed? There are some pics on here and Facebook where tail tidies have caught the rear tire!

Very nice fabrication work, I like the way you have fixed the new bracket from the top and bolted through the frame. I think the result looks much better than Triumphs rubbish stock bags and ridiculously small sissy bar!
My only concern is that looking at pic 5 it all looks very close to the rear tire. Have you checked the clearance when the rear shock is fully compressed? There are some pics on here and Facebook where tail tidies have caught the rear tire!
Yes, the rear suspension travel is 107mm...or was it 105mm. Anyway there is enough clearance. I lifted the bike up and measured everything . That original mudguard under licence plate is further back that might seem to be in the pic. Those sidebags have vertical tube and it went close to cardan ... or mainly rear break hose cover and had to put bags a bit backwards and higher, but then rear luggage started to cover opening mechanism of side bags a bit. I adjusted all positions so i can just take off sidebags without removing rear one. Well, it wouldn't be big problem to take rear luggage first off as i will have them on, except when washing the bike. I have used the bike and no tire scrubbing or any other problems.

Yes, the rear suspension travel is 107mm...or was it 105mm. Anyway there is enough clearance. I lifted the bike up and measured everything . That original mudguard under licence plate is further back that might seem to be in the pic. Those sidebags have vertical tube and it went close to cardan ... or mainly rear break hose cover and had to put bags a bit backwards and higher, but then rear luggage started to cover opening mechanism of side bags a bit. I adjusted all positions so i can just take off sidebags without removing rear one. Well, it wouldn't be big problem to take rear luggage first off as i will have them on, except when washing the bike. I have used the bike and no tire scrubbing or any other problems.
That's great! and your solution looks way better and stronger than Corbins. Have you thought of doing a small production run and selling them, I'm sure there would be quite a few takers?

Last edited:
That's great! and your solution looks way better and stronger than Corbins. Have you thought of doing a small production run and selling them, I'm sure there would be quite a few takers?
No way. I am not professional and doing that hassling took couple weeks for me with all kind of wondering. It wouldn't be a very good business - lol. Well, now as done once would be a bit faster. But be free to copy the idea.
- Top Case Shad Sh58X Expandable Carbon
- Side Cases Shad Sh36
- Backrest Top Case Shad Sh58X-Sh59X D0RI80
- inner bags for all
- Top case rack welded like in pic with holes for top case plate and to bolt on side cases rack (i made spacers between two racks from steel tube).
- For side cases i ordered Suitcase Support Shad for Yamaha MT09SP Y0MT91IF and cutted off unuseable parts. At least those have useable support for tubes in the middle, where i welded it for bars i made under bike to be bolded in original luggage points. I welded there thick steel wire to hold rear light harness between left bar and battery box. Connection to original turn signals and licence plate light is under that cardan mudguard and that harness was just long enough to my new rear lights location. I put over that harness nylon mesh tube for protection before ziptied there. Connection is in original place, but i greased it with electrical insulation grease (or what ever in english) as its a bit dirty place.
- Rear lights and combined turn signals: Bullet 1000® DF | 3 in 1 Bullet Blinker .
- To cover side cases rack i bended and glued PVC. I glued to it cover to rear light hole and front of it part to seal cap between this cover and mudguard. First i thought to cover top case rack too, but left it open as i can use those bars to lock helmets and strap something.

Original rear light connection is under seat and there is needed Kit Connector JWPF 3 way. I don't remember should it be female or male ... probably male. Black is ground, wire with white driving light and wire with red brake light.
Brake light is a bit tricky as it does not give 12V when breaking. It does ground (ish), so you need solid state relay DC-DC (no wearing parts).
That relay you connect: From connector rear driving light to input+ and also output+ and also rear driving light lamp. From connector brake light to input -. From relay output- wire to rear brake lamp. If you use combined turn signals/driving lights/brake lights pair, then you get ground from turn signal harness, but it doesn¨t hurt to connect that other ground too. So i have driving lights, brake lights and turn signals as pair, but i didn¨t knew what to put in beginning and i ordered also slim led driving light/brake light in the middle of bottom rack. I use it only as extra brake light, because all three did look stupid as driving lights and not sure what are regulations in that case. I guess as extra brake light it is legal.

Back