Lost a friend and mechanic on Saturday.

Thanks for the all the support.

Not often that you can call up a machainc tell you got a problem and he pops around with in a day or so and only takes beer as payment.

He did my Cam cover gasket replacement and checked the shims on the Rocket 12 months ago would have had him do the up date kit if he had not just split up with his partner at the time.

:(

That was a real bummer Chris,,,didnt know him myself but understand he was a very popular guy...and, it was his 48th birthday too i hear!..real shame! Hope that van driver gets his just desserts!...
I understand there were ALOT of bikes in that ride...like hundreds so why the van driver thought it was ok to go beats me!!!
He will live with memory of that decision for the rest of his days!

Just read the news article on this and the van driver was turning into his driveway. He saw the two bikes approaching but misjudged their speed. He said he was committed to making the turn and the bike slammed into the rear part of his van while under heavy brakes. He believed the bikes were accelerating up the hill towards him and were on him very fast.
The second rider said their speed was about 50-60 kph.
Narrow winding road dosnt help. Real shame and of course my heart goes out to his family and friends.
Sorry you have lost a buddy Chris.

Last edited:
Funeral is on Saturday Kiwi time he will been on a motorbike hearse for his final ride.

Meeting up at his family home and doing a 45 minute cruze around before ending at the crematory for the service.

Once again thanks for the support.

Big turnout and this is about 2/3rds of the bikes who did a final ride with Kyle.
Screenshot_20181117_161744.png
Screenshot_20181117_161755.png

Just found out that a friend mechanic and a wiz with electrics on all motorcycles got cleaned up on Saturday by a drop kick who thought that he had time to turn in between two motor bikes.

This guy will leave a massive hole in the motorbike community in Christchurch.

RIP Kyle.

You will be missed by many riders in this town.
Sad news. Just shows - live every day as if it were your last!!

Back