Looking for a new map

I removed them on my 09 rocket iii classic then I told the bike to run with them wide open. I loved the responsiveness the bike had. So, I just assumed i would do it again on this one.
If I don't remove them on my 12. Will they at any time close? Why keep them?
With the first gen. they needed to come out. Are you saying they don't with the second?

Steve,

Perhaps someone with a lot more experience will chime in.

There are several threads on the subject here on the forum, however some are quite old and things change. The impression I get is that before we had the ability to reprogram the secondary's with TuneECU or TuneBoy there was no other option. So if we did not have the ability to change the program then physically removing them was the only fix.

It would be great to see an actual dyno test between the two.

They also are said to improve low end torque and smooth throttle response ?

Rick

Hi! I wouldnt remove the 2nd throttle plates. I have looked at a couple tunes created on a dyno and the 2nd throttles are used at very high rpm. They are 100% open at low rpm (you can check using tuneecu, or tuneboy). Also if you change the 2nd throttle, you are gonna need to adjust the tune accordingly. You cant just open them and expect its gonna work right. Also, if your future has the bike on a dyno, removing them also eliminates the ability to use them for tuning.

Regarding the cats, there is one in each can. Maybe a set of TORS? They dont have the cats in them.

Having done the secondary out, back in, used for part throttle, then back out again, I’ll say this, on a stock motor Rocket do whichever floats your boat.

The only use for them besides limiting top end power is to keep them mostly closed at low rpm and increase intake velocity a little.

They won’t restrict you at all until the 200whp area or higher.

Back