longer cables & hose

RoadVenture

.060 Over
Does anyone have a source for longer clutch and throttle cables? I have RIVCO risers and may want to convert to the CLASSIC handlebars. I'm pretty sure that I'll need longer cables to do this.

I'll also need a longer front brake hose. Any help on that would also be appreciated.

Thanks.

I'm glad you asked. Barnett clutch makes both. Just tell them the model of the bike and how much additional length you need. The cables are all braided stainless. See my photo album for a looksee. I ordered direct and I am pleased with the results.
As for brake lines I had to go through Speigler and had to use double lines becasue they could not duplicate the T fitting angles. Look at yours and you'll see why. I ordered one that was too long and will change it out this winter.

I'm glad you asked. Barnett clutch makes both. Just tell them the model of the bike and how much additional length you need. The cables are all braided stainless. See my photo album for a looksee. I ordered direct and I am pleased with the results.
As for brake lines I had to go through Speigler and had to use double lines becasue they could not duplicate the T fitting angles. Look at yours and you'll see why. I ordered one that was too long and will change it out this winter.

Thanks. That's exactly what I was looking for!

I did look at the T joint on the front brake line. While stock style T may be easier to bleed, I prefer the seperate upper and lower brake hoses.

Do you have any suggestions on added length for what I would like to do?

Last edited:
If I'm not mistaken, Earls makes Barnett brake lines and you should be able to get almost any fitting you need in the AN line from Aeroquip.

I am familiar with the AEROQUIP (and other) fittings availble but am not interested in making my own hoses. I have found that HEL also makes a front and rear set of hoses for the RIII but do not yet know if they make longer-than-stock lengths.

I believe that the R3 classic brake line is a couple of inches longer than the original R3, only problem is that it comes in black only. That would be quick and easy.
As for how much longer, I put on 13 " apes and I added 4" to my lines. I suspect you need to add for the amount of the risers and figure out how much extra pullback you gain with the new bars.
I suppose you could mount up the risers and bars and see how much you come up short. It is a good winter project.

I am familiar with the AEROQUIP (and other) fittings availble but am not interested in making my own hoses. I have found that HEL also makes a front and rear set of hoses for the RIII but do not yet know if they make longer-than-stock lengths.

I was only referring to fittings. If you have access to a Parker or Aeroquip double crimp hydraulic fitting swager then you are in business on the lines. I'd get Earls braided stainless lines and the get the necessary AN fittings from Parker or Aeroquip. You should be able to get any length you want with female AN ends and then you can go with any angle of banjo fitting you want. Just remember to either anneal the copper washers or replace them with new ones.

I believe that the R3 classic brake line is a couple of inches longer than the original R3, only problem is that it comes in black only. That would be quick and easy.
As for how much longer, I put on 13 " apes and I added 4" to my lines. I suspect you need to add for the amount of the risers and figure out how much extra pullback you gain with the new bars.
I suppose you could mount up the risers and bars and see how much you come up short. It is a good winter project.

You're right. I will probably buy a set of CLASSIC bars and put them on. THEN measure how much more cable and hose length I need.

I was trying to avoid that so I could have all the parts at one time and then just "get er' done".

Back