Anyone recognize my MAP sensor hose cris cros hangup??!!

Rocketeer4life

Built like a rock
Ride
2005 Rocket 3
Hello all!! During my engine swap project of putting a 2014 roadster engine to my 05 standard i came across a odd speed bump??...after reading others posts here and referring to the manual im at a loss what I'm actually looking at here and how the bike was running strong before hand with its old block?. As I do not recall tampering with the set up as follows in the pictures other than lightly laying aside during engine removal?

Attachments

• 20210603_142030.jpg
    20210603_142030.jpg
    170.9 KB · Views: 35
  • 20210603_142101.jpg
    20210603_142101.jpg
    204 KB · Views: 36
1622747010372.png

That long tube looks like it might be for the evaporative loss crap on California bikes.

It is important that the vac tubes are the same length as OEM, same internal diameter, and of course in good condition and tight.

Oh wow certainly will do!! Thanks!!... curious as to how the hell she was ever running correctly??!! Hey and if ya wouldn't mind I'd appreciate your expert advice on throttle bodies install!! I'm not sure how far in I really have to work in the outlets into the boots?! Here are some sample pics as it sits now. Thanks!! Cheers

Oh wow certainly will do!! Thanks!!... curious as to how the hell she was ever running correctly??!! Hey and if ya wouldn't mind I'd appreciate your expert advice on throttle bodies install!! I'm not sure how far in I really have to work in the outlets into the boots?! Here are some sample pics as it sits now. Thanks!! Cheers

Attachments

• 20210603_181634.jpg
    20210603_181634.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 23
  • 20210603_181548.jpg
    20210603_181548.jpg
    136.3 KB · Views: 23
  • 20210603_181446.jpg
    20210603_181446.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 24
  • 20210603_181332.jpg
    20210603_181332.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 23
Can you view your map?

Re throttle bodies, there is a domed 10mm hex head flanged bolt (M6) which bolts down the throttle bodies at each end. Once these are in place, the throttle bodies should be into the rubber adapter boots far enough.

The yellow arrows point to the rear-most bolt and the blue points to the front one (in behind the throttle cable cam).
The rubber boots come up to the top of the band, where the red line is.

When you're putting the throttles into the boots, you press down one end first then the other, almost waggling the throttles into them and should feel a satisfying pop almost, as they seat home.

20210604_073906.jpg

20210604_074005.jpg

Can you view your map?

Re throttle bodies, there is a domed 10mm hex head flanged bolt (M6) which bolts down the throttle bodies at each end. Once these are in place, the throttle bodies should be into the rubber adapter boots far enough.

The yellow arrows point to the rear-most bolt and the blue points to the front one (in behind the throttle cable cam).

20210604_073906.jpg

20210604_074005.jpg
Aww wow thanks a bunch! Yep that may of just been my problem I was definitely missing the fixing bolt at the throttle cable end I believe. This saves so much headache!! il reply further when I get a chance to confirm this.
Cheers!

Aww wow thanks a bunch! Yep that may of just been my problem I was definitely missing the fixing bolt at the throttle cable end I believe. This saves so much headache!! il reply further when I get a chance to confirm this.
Cheers!
Crap. Ya I'm seeing there mustv never been a bracket setup at the throttle cable end...ackkk. is this a major issue to only trying to start this engine up and seeing it works at least?

Crap. Ya I'm seeing there mustv never been a bracket setup at the throttle cable end...ackkk. is this a major issue to only trying to start this engine up and seeing it works at least?
To add more in to this post effectively summing it up...WAAHAAA, so the engine fired up for first time last night . After a few initial troublesome cranks it seems to be idling perfectly!! So again thanks for the advice. I'm sure would've had different experience if following the original map sensor hose routing!

Can you view your map?

When you're putting the throttles into the boots, you press down one end first then the other, almost waggling the throttles into them and should feel a satisfying pop almost, as they seat home.

20210604_073906.jpg

20210604_074005.jpg
Wow. Thanks so much for the detail! Figured these lips were to be more flush or hidden. Unfortunately I did not notice the throttle body bolt connection by the throttle cables tho...upon attempting to push further in to be sure, I definitely did experience that satisfying pop at that end tho!.lol. other I just left bolted up to retighten all boot clamps. Great news tho, the swapped used engine is starting up great and idling spectactulry..well after a maybe 5 minutes of only idle may die out, but still. With this I know the stock air cleaner piping is probably not fitted as perfectly as it should be. But sincerely its close enough to suite the new startup needs till I feel she's ready to take the ramair in.
Honestly now my biggest issue is getting the clutch dialed in and adjusted properly to putter down the block n really see what I'm working with

Back