Long time lurker - it's time... almost

Woo Hoo, go you! Enjoy your new ride, and which o e have you opted for and when is she due?
Originally my thoughts were based on assumption, quick recap:

What I love/hate about the R:
+Mid footpegs
+It's Red!
-Short Seat
-Straighter handlebars

What I love about the GT
+Longer Seat
+Laid back handlebars
+Flyscreen
-Forward controls
-It's not Red

Soo... my thinking is that I get the R and add the GT Seat and filler pad, GT bars and Flyscreen

Also wanting Panniers, Knee pads and the MyTriumph Connect bluetooth module.

After testing both the R and GT on Saturday, my thoughts waivered a little and was unsure if I had assumed correctly... particularly about the bars and the seat so went back to the dealers to see if the R bars could be rolled backwards a little... but they were already pretty much as far rolled as possible... and as if by pure chance they had a R with Touring bars in the workshop... which I sat on (very carefully) for a few minutes, this absolutely confirmed it for me.

I have been put off the flyscreen by the comments on here and after the short trip on the GT, whilst it makes it pleasing to look at with Touring bars, it seems to serve no other purpose. I was more comfy on the Sport Seat so have stuck with that and will buy the filler pad later on if it works out, or if not, will buy the Touring seat and filler... no rush, time will tell.

We got to where we needd to be with the deal, so all I needed was the CFO blessing one more time, which I got upon my return home.

I have ordered:
Red R - has to be red!
Touring Bars - most comfortable for me
Knee pads - need to hang on whilst accelerating
Panniers - no aftermarket option and the mounts are very cool.

hello mrpix. admire your gift for writing. i wish this will make you a millionaire.
warm welcome from poland

Originally my thoughts were based on assumption, quick recap:

After testing both the R and GT on Saturday, my thoughts waivered a little and was unsure if I had assumed correctly... particularly about the bars and the seat so went back to the dealers to see if the R bars could be rolled backwards a little... but they were already pretty much as far rolled as possible... and as if by pure chance they had a R with Touring bars in the workshop... which I sat on (very carefully) for a few minutes, this absolutely confirmed it for me.

I have been put off the flyscreen by the comments on here and after the short trip on the GT, whilst it makes it pleasing to look at with Touring bars, it seems to serve no other purpose. I was more comfy on the Sport Seat so have stuck with that and will buy the filler pad later on if it works out, or if not, will buy the Touring seat and filler... no rush, time will tell.

We got to where we needd to be with the deal, so all I needed was the CFO blessing one more time, which I got upon my return home.

I have ordered:
Red R - has to be red!
Touring Bars - most comfortable for me
Knee pads - need to hang on whilst accelerating
Panniers - no aftermarket option and the mounts are very cool.
The panniers mounts are indeed cool, but the panniers are bit on the small side.

I changed my mind yesterday and swapped the colour to Black... there is a delay on both colours of the R until May now :(

Today, I'm not so sure on the Black and prefer Red again... Dealer says it is OK to swap back until about 30 days before arrival so I have plenty of time to make up my mind for sure, although I have bigger concerns now with world affairs so was even considering delaying my purchase until later in the year... dealer say he will give me a refund (deposit) if I change my mind after the bike arrives in May... can't say fairer than that :thumbsup:

I changed my mind yesterday and swapped the colour to Black... there is a delay on both colours of the R until May now :(

Today, I'm not so sure on the Black and prefer Red again... Dealer says it is OK to swap back until about 30 days before arrival so I have plenty of time to make up my mind for sure, although I have bigger concerns now with world affairs so was even considering delaying my purchase until later in the year... dealer say he will give me a refund (deposit) if I change my mind after the bike arrives in May... can't say fairer than that :thumbsup:
Have one side red and the other side black, guys I am not going to be here all the time to help you all out:eek::p:D

Back