Let's talk "low fuel level lights"

I guess I just dont understand how they cut the HP with out smaller valves or throttle bodies. Displacement is what determines millage more so than the tune,so I would think you can only cut the fuel so much before you fry it.Probably just never open the dam secondarys..Beats me,well i guess we can wait and see how well the new bagger does..Jack

Jack

I guess I just dont understand how they cut the HP with out smaller valves or throttle bodies. Displacement is what determines millage more so than the tune,so I would think you can only cut the fuel so much before you fry it.Probably just never open the dam secondarys..Beats me,well i guess we can wait and see how well the new bagger does..Jack

Jack:

Displacement has a bearing on mileage (millage is something the gummit imposes on you to pay for their folly)....but it's the volumetric efficiencey of the engine that determines the mileage more than the displacement.. I take it you are trading Spike on a new Bagger....?

Jack:

Displacement has a bearing on mileage (millage is something the gummit imposes on you to pay for their folly)....but it's the volumetric efficiencey of the engine that determines the mileage more than the displacement.. I take it you are trading Spike on a new Bagger....?

No Flip,Spike and Lucille (Wilburs Gal)are gona make me one..Mabey twins.. I disagree on the volumetric efficiencey and millage thing..A busa has high volumetric efficiencey to make 197 HP out of 1350 CCs.And no Busa in the world gets more than 40 MPH like your Rocket.Lets see you get 40 MPH out of a 455 olds BB. Crazy Jack

No Flip,Spike and Lucille (Wilburs Gal)are gona make me one..Mabey twins.. I disagree on the volumetric efficiencey and millage thing..A busa has high volumetric efficiencey to make 197 HP out of 1350 CCs.And no Busa in the world gets more than 40 MPH like your Rocket.Lets see you get 40 MPH out of a 455 olds BB. Crazy Jack
But I can get 8.5 MPG from 996 Cubic inches, 500 horsepower and 2100 pounds feet of torque.. It's all about volumetric efficiency and it still ain't millage. I dunno about a 455 olds. I've never cared much for those big guzzler V8's even when gas was cheap. Isn't that one of those engines where an Arab is running behind the tailpipe with a cup catching the excess|?

Back