Kansas City Rider's Group

We never took a pic commemorating the event. For that matter i didn't even bring a camera.:eek:

When Pianoman pulled up I waited about 27 minutes for him to "unhook" himself. What I originally took as an elaborate Health monitoring system recommended by his Doctor turned out to be just the usual bling associated with a Pianoman bike. Very nice bling indeed as judged by my off the scale jealous meter.:)

Always a good day with Tomo and Pianoman.
Enjoyed an Oatmeal Stout from St Louis and a wheat from Fort Collins CO. Both served in very girly mugs.

Tomo had interesting conversations about our Rocket site, politics and the retail car industry. We talked "cats as well cuz he sure has a unique very large Maine Coon cat. I also passed on about my Coco and her slipping health. Pianoman had some ideas of training a miniature Dachshund to ride shotgun for him. I'm sure I was the only one drinking.....:)

I'm sorry many of you could not make it. I hope all gets better in your household Rusty. Sorry i missed you Raymond, maybe next time. Pig9r will have a very tough time breaking away when the babe is born so I thought I'd see him today.

Sounds like you guys picked a perfect day for a ride. Sure wish I could have joined you. Shortly after I posted the "LOOK WHAT I HAVE WAITING FOR ME" comments, the flu bug bit me & I was down all Saturday afternoon & most of Sunday. I'm feeling ready this morning but now I've gotta go deliver my daughter to school (Mom can't drive for 2 weeks) & go to work. Can't ride the bike 'cus the daughter isn't impressed with it any longer now that she is in her teens.

See you guys sometime. Keep me in mind for future gatherings. I'll make it to one of them.

No camera & a beautiful waitress. What's wrong with you guys, I was hoping for a peek.

my bad

Just posted a photo in my photo albumn to show you the reason I was not able to ride to Warrensburg. It was a close decision between you guys and her...but not really! I will bring her along next time...not!:p Actually really did miss the ride, hope weather holds and we can do it again before the snow hits.

Fun Sunday

My Sunday morning got off to a bad start when I slept right through my morning nap. Hondax had sent a PM with the agenda and I quickly responded (well, not that quick but I got back to him with my intention of trying to make it there) I took a short cut and arrived at the intersection of 50 and 7 at 1:15. Ah...... they'll be coming south on 7 from Denny's and I'll surprise them.

1:20 and nobody yet. Maybe they're raced down to 50 and are already on their way to Warrensburg? Okay, I'll meet them there and off I went. Drove through Lone Jack ( 65mph on the dot ) and thought I could still make the Pizza joint in 20 minutes so I'll pull over at the weigh station and watch for dual headlight bikes in the mirror. AH HA here comes at least one. It's Tomo and I jump in as his wing man. It's kinda neat when you ride with the same people and get to know their style of riding. Everytime I'd sense we were going to pass....... I'd signal and start to pull out to cover his move and he was already changing lanes. It was fun doing the bike choreography.

Arrived on time and the GPS gadget did it's job .....except when we got on the street I turned it off and drove right past the Fitters. Finally got parked, unhooked, detached, released, undone, unzipped ( reference only to the George Forman Leather Jacket) pulled out the ear monitors, turned off the XM, stowed everything away, locked up, and lumbered into the joint. I bought my first pair of overalls in tribute to Hondax and felt very "Randy" all afternoon!

Great food, wonderful conversation, drunk Chief's fans for entertainment, Katie worked the table to a tee and she made enough for next semester's tuition.......I think. At my age, I can still get young girls interested in me....it just cost a lot more!

The ride back was easy, not much head wind and the Gerbing heated gloves were a dream. I can't wait to try them on a real cold day. Anyway, those of you who couldn't make it will hopefully join in the next one. We all understand that things come up and next time it might be someone else. The whole thing is getting together when we can, riding and enjoying the company. I hope we'll ride as often as possible even if it's a little nippy.

Hope you all will grab the brass ring tomorrow and ride somewhere. Should be near 80.

Later........ Unoffical recording secretary of the KCRC (Kansas City Rider's Club) OR ( Kansas City Rocket Club)

How's that for an official name???????

Last edited:
Back