It is titmouse and it's a bird.

Britman, about the PCIII, I think it's time to get Tuneboy. You can have your son-in-law power it up.

Just out of curiosity, does your PCIII module hook to the O2 sensor or was there a plug like this one that plugged into the harness that connects the ECU to the O2...

Last edited:
Britman, the service bulletan is # 386. The dealer has had to download tha latest service software fot their Triumph tool, version 2007_03 to take care of the recall.

As for your Power commander, even if it connects to your o2 sensor, because it's a piggy back system, the stock ECU will always try to conpensate for the changes the PC makes while at idle, and the smaller throttle opening angles.

The last customer that had the power commander, which I told him not to install at least three times, came in twice with a non idling bike, and excessive backfiring on decell. I replaced his charcole briquetts with new spark plugs the first time around under waranty.

The second time around, the power commander got removed, another set of plugs installed, and a bill for 1.5 hours labor;) He got Tune boy soon after, and all has been good since then.

Dynojet updated the O2 eliminator for the Rocket earlier this year. I used their eliminator or a while before Tuneboy had the option to turn the O2 off. Worked good for me. It no longer trimmed out the fuel tables in the closed loop areas and kept the afterfiring away.

So the latest service bulletin basically says to reset the TPS along with loading one of the new tunes?

Dynojet updated the O2 eliminator for the Rocket earlier this year. I used their eliminator or a while before Tuneboy had the option to turn the O2 off. Worked good for me. It no longer trimmed out the fuel tables in the closed loop areas and kept the afterfiring away.

So the latest service bulletin basically says to reset the TPS along with loading one of the new tunes?

No, it's a bit more involved. I have a thread on it with some solid details.

http://www.r3owners.net/showthread.php?t=2439

I haven't posted the actual bulletin because it's against Triumph dealer policy, and without the Triumph tool you cant drive the stepper to do the adjustments.

That is the same procedure for the reset ISCV function in the Tuneboy diagnostics program. The Tuneboy program will drive the stepper motor and you get a reading of .12 volts higher than the base reading as described.

Toystoretom came up with a similar DIY procedure over a 1 1/2 years ago. with a OBDII scanner and voltage meter.

This is something that everyone with Tuneboy can do fairly easy. Instructions even scroll across the bottom of the screen.

I reset my TPS voltage a few months ago prior to dyno tuning. Also loaded a tune based on Triumph's new release tunes. So hopefully with 100% open loop and correct TPS voltage the idle bug will stay away.

That is the same procedure for the reset ISCV function in the Tuneboy diagnostics program. The Tuneboy program will drive the stepper motor and you get a reading of .12 volts higher than the base reading as described.

Toystoretom came up with a similar DIY procedure over a 1 1/2 years ago. with a OBDII scanner and voltage meter.

This is something that everyone with Tuneboy can do fairly easy. Instructions even scroll across the bottom of the screen.

I reset my TPS voltage a few months ago prior to dyno tuning. Also loaded a tune based on Triumph's new release tunes. So hopefully with 100% open loop and correct TPS voltage the idle bug will stay away.

Having limited hands on with the tune boy, I didn't know you could us it to drive the stapper fully closed and open to make the adjustments. Thanks for the heads up. Much obliged.

Back