Just picked up a Carpenter Exhaust , need new tune ?? O2 sensor or no

Jeffrey Cochran

.060 Over
Ride
Triumph Scrambler, Aprilia Tuono , Husaberg , R3Classic
Just received a Carpenter Hot Rod system from a fellow forum member and it promises to be loud ( no baffle what so ever ) . I currently have a set of Jardines and a 2nd Gen RamAir air filter. The most outstanding @HansO provided a tune that has been stelar . But with this upgrade have a few questions , the o2 bung already had a plug in it , should I remove it and install the o2 sensor or just leave it ?? Next will I need to change the tune ?? The long term plan is a PC-V with AT as no dyno operator around here has any clue how to use TuneECU. Thanks to all for such a fantastic and informative group.

I have the Carpenter pipe too. I spent money on a PCV/AT and had good results, later went to a tuner and didn't get any better results. @Speedy wrote a tune for me that gave it a little more. But you can save time and money by just sending your ECU to Carpenter and getting it flashed by them. It was $200 and you get the Tuneboy key with it. Basically it's buying the key and getting the tune for free. The tune I got has more power than anything the PCV gave me. Plus it's much easier than the PCV install.

Back